Orbit Shrub Irrigation Heads Keep Popping Off

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought brand new shrub irrigation heads by Orbit, the 180 degree type, and I went to adjust one head, which didn't do anything (turning the screw, one by one the others just popped off, and I lost the white pieces inside, no idea where they went. When I say the heads popped off, I mean the adjustable pieces that screw into the body of the part that screws onto the PVC irrigation pipes. That stays on, the inner pieces are flying off. Not sure why they would do this, but the threads don't look damaged or anything. Any idea how to adjust these things and what would cause them to fly off? The old ones did not do this. Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just get yourself a new head and while you are there get 4 extra heads to keep for when this happens again. If you use new heads you will have much better results with adjustments. Sometimes when the tap water is alkaline the impurities will minimize the head's performance. The best way to fix it is to replace the heads. New heads are pre-adjusted. .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going to add something for the others who have sprinklers. You don't have to use the brand that was first installed. You can replace the expensive heads with cheap heads and get the same spray. I carried replacement heads with me at all times. Their cheap and you shouldn't have to pay a sprinkler man $150.00 an hr. to fix your system.

Ask a Question