Off topic posts to Gardening Forum threads

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If I may, a simple modification on this site may help matters. General Chat is way down the list, and if you come here and not know about it, it kinda gets lost. The reason being is the right sidebar ends abruptly, and most do not scroll down as far as to see the general chat thread. It should be up top like many a forum do. I've been here for a little while, and I have missed quite a lot of posts due to them being so far down the line.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@Darren what is the window style? Does it have the vents? Those are so cool! I had a friend with one of those and the skinny tyres enabled them to drive through heaps of snow. Mind you, with frosty toes due to no heat... and also needing to scrape the inside of the windshield ... too much fun!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
@Darren what is the window style? Does it have the vents? Those are so cool! I had a friend with one of those and the skinny tyres enabled them to drive through heaps of snow. Mind you, with frosty toes due to no heat... and also needing to scrape the inside of the windshield ... too much fun!
Haha Don't start me off:censored: I'm slipping off topic Small rear window with vents(y) She was my 1st car (girl on wheels) back in 1987 & Had her ever since Its been a labour of love, Digging her out of my garden a few years back and getting her back on the road again ( this spring ) I could of just done this to her I guess:D (Am I back on track now!)
691140be9c51f5141d0aeac49fd50bf1--power-flower-old-cars.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Cool car.

Big websites like reddit use a cross forum post function to provide preservation of the subforum focus while effectively allowing the naturally diverse communication that is a hallmark of people.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Very cool car @Darren and you don't have to worry about off topic because we are already in the off topic section of the members area. I was going to ask to see the car. What does it look like now?:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
If I may, a simple modification on this site may help matters. General Chat is way down the list, and if you come here and not know about it, it kinda gets lost.
Are you accessing the site with an iphone or similar that has a very small screen? I access via a desk top and i do scroll down to see the whole page, but everything is very clear to me so i am not seeing your problem. The members area includes 3 subdivisions the first being General Chat for topics not related to gardening. I don't know how it could be any clearer. Possibly the Members Area should be between "Commuity" and Gardening forums but then some of the gardening forums would be at the bottom and be missed. I don't know but the instructions are so clear to me, much clearer than other forums i have visited. I think the problem is that many members don't read the simple instructions provided or bother to acquaint themselves with the home page.
idon'tknow.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Upsy Daisy The thead is still open for people who might want to express their views and ideas in the future. I do not know of any ill will here.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I agree @Sheal, it would be one step further toward becoming social media site. Also @Ian said that he had already tried having the member area at the top and people were putting a lot of gardening questions in General Chat. I think the users have some responsibility to at least read the home page. It is very clearly written and described and there are no big words. Well, one can write it but one cannot make people read and comprehend it. I think the home page is very good as it is. Just one tiny adjustment was made and that was to change the word "below" to the word "above" in the General Chat section. That was the only change proposed and the only change made.

Ask a Question