Newbie Help With Goji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi... I'm still new to the forum and relatively new to gardening in general. I have been growing goji berries in my yard, and am trying to propagate them through cuttings. Problem is, it looks as though the stem cuttings I selected are not doing very well. When taking a stem cutting, I know it's generally a good idea to keep a minimal amount of leaves on the stem when putting it in the dirt, but the problem is that the leaves I left on before I placed them in the dirt are withering and falling off. Is it normal for this to happen to the leaves before roots grow, or are the cuttings dying? Any helpful reply would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Goji grow well from the seed. I bought some dried berries in a health food store and grew four bushes from them. I still have two in the garden and get a few berries every every year. This is in Zone 5.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Goji Berry or Wolfberry (Lycium barbarum)

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?FQOFO 19 July 2011 Goji Berry or Wolfberry (Lycium barbarum)

One of the two bushes in the garden is producing a few goji berries. The berries are sweet and pleasant tasting, but few in number. This is the fourth year for this plant, which was grown from seed. The fruit is supposed to cure all human ailments.

Ask a Question