My spider plant was in a car accident ..... Help! Will it survive? See photos

Reaction score
Country
United States
My beautiful spider plant was in a car accident ... and the air bags kind of destroyed it. I don't have very much gardening experience. The plant was in great condition when a friend of mine gifted it to me. A lot of the leaves were torn off and I pruned off some very damaged ones. I repotted it, giving it fresh soil with fertilizer today. See photos. Is this thing a goner? Or should I remain hopeful? Tips please!
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one that was in a much worse state than that. I cut it right back to a stub, gave it a little slow release feed and water, and it is growing away very well.
More importantly, I hope you are not as bruised as the plant :unsure:

Reaction score
Country
United States
I should have known better than to let this lil' plant drive :oops: I have unfortunately been beaten up by the accident , as well. This little guy and I are companions in recovery!

So thank you all! I'm relieved :D I will do some more trimming and see how it goes!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
I should have known better than to let this lil' plant drive :oops: I have unfortunately been beaten up by the accident , as well. This little guy and I are companions in recovery!

So thank you all! I'm relieved :D I will do some more trimming and see how it goes!

I should learn from this as well since I often go to nurseries on Vespa and on the way home, let my new plants drive. But no more!!!

I hope you get well soon(y)

Ask a Question