HELP with Spider Plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
I. Have a medium plant that is growing well except cats munch on it, how can I stop them from doing this.
2. I have a small plant that has been outside for about a week, leaves are turning brown at tips. Best way to help it? It has been raining quite a bit lately, but the plant is under shade. Live in Tx.
3. What type of soil do I need to plant other babies in, been using mixture of potting soil and some Jiffy seed starter. I heard they are real hardy in most soils.
4. What's a good fertilizer (if required) for Spider Plants? Would banana peel water, onion peel water or egg shells be good fertilizer or enough?
5. Pictures below.

Reaction score
Country
United States
1st picture is the small one with brown leaves, 2nd is the medium one. I also have about 8 to10 little ones I'm rooting in water, need to plant soon.
20180912_084254.jpg
20180905_213726.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bye the way the bigger one was or seemed to be doing better outside, it's sitting on our buffet in the house now out of sunlight.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I grew this one from a Cutting 6 months ago
And it’s doing really well ..
7D056C25-AC6C-4F3C-A3CD-B35C377D10F4.jpeg

auntiecindi

My Waffle KITTY !
Reaction score
Country
United States
These Spiders look great! Mine are limp and not full... I have too many (@least 12) so they don't "go for a walk" which makes them bend over . I think I will bring some to the food pantry they were a big hit last time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bye the way the bigger one was or seemed to be doing better outside, it's sitting on our buffet in the house now out of sunlight.
3F14B3C1-3E79-4E28-8DE1-EE9816A12EA8.jpeg

These Spiders look great! Mine are limp and not full... I have too many (@least 12) so they don't "go for a walk" which makes them bend over . I think I will bring some to the food pantry they were a big hit last time.
Hi Bingo ..my Spider is doing exceptionally well right now , see photo I just took ..it’s huge and I think it’s about fully grown

Ask a Question