Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
He's got no excuse now :D

Reaction score
Like most of you know, my miniature roses haven't been doing well lately. To cheer me up, my boyfriend gave me a new rose. It's the most beautiful plant I've ever seen:love::D I love everything about it. It's big, healthy, and it produces a lot of gorgeous, white flowers.
My apologies for the quality of these photos, I don't have a decent camera yet:

View attachment 3082

View attachment 3083

View attachment 3084

View attachment 3085

I love my new rose, I can't stop looking at it:love:
They look wonderful, and your boyfriend is great for giving you these to cheer you up. Just give him some tlc and before you know it your miniature roses will be where they need to be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They look wonderful, and your boyfriend is great for giving you these to cheer you up. Just give him some tlc and before you know it your miniature roses will be where they need to be.
Thank you:) I didn't know what "tlc" means, so I googled it. It's "Tender Loving Care", isn't it? I love my boyfriend dearly and I care about him very much.:)
The rose is doing great, I noticed a few new buds:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Rose is beautiful, really like the white, it looks so clean and pure. Not as small as I thought when you say miniature I think small.

Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cmiller - thank you! I do my best to take a good care of them:)
Pat - thank you:) This miniature rose is unusually big and it keeps growing. I love it:D

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words:)
Trellum - yes, these flowers are huge, I love it:D:love: As for my other roses, it's possible that I was overwatering them, so their roots started to rot:( Now, I give them less water and I hope that it will help them.

Claudine, it's not just that the roots are rotting. It's also that fungus and pathogens attack the rotting roots. You need to move the plants to sterile potting soil and sanitize the pots with bleach to kill the germs. Look at this little paragraph from SfGate.

Curing Root Rot
Most plants won't survive root rot, but you may be able to save the plant during the early progression of the disease. Repotting the plant into barely moist, sterile potting soil reduces moisture in the pot and prevents further fungal attacks on the root system. If you reuse the old pot, sterilize it in a solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water to destroy any fungus surviving on the container. Water the plant sparingly so the soil doesn't dry out completely until the roots recover and the plant begins producing new foliage.

Reaction score
Like most of you know, my miniature roses haven't been doing well lately. To cheer me up, my boyfriend gave me a new rose. It's the most beautiful plant I've ever seen:love::D I love everything about it. It's big, healthy, and it produces a lot of gorgeous, white flowers.

View attachment 3082

View attachment 3083

View attachment 3084

View attachment 3085

Not only is your new plant beautiful but the view through your window of the garden is beautiful. Did you plant that garden outside yourself or does it belong to your family?
If nothing else good comes of the root rot in your other plants, at least you are learning not to overwater.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine, it's not just that the roots are rotting. It's also that fungus and pathogens attack the rotting roots. You need to move the plants to sterile potting soil and sanitize the pots with bleach to kill the germs. Look at this little paragraph from SfGate.

Curing Root Rot
Most plants won't survive root rot, but you may be able to save the plant during the early progression of the disease. Repotting the plant into barely moist, sterile potting soil reduces moisture in the pot and prevents further fungal attacks on the root system. If you reuse the old pot, sterilize it in a solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water to destroy any fungus surviving on the container. Water the plant sparingly so the soil doesn't dry out completely until the roots recover and the plant begins producing new foliage.
This is very interesting! Thank you so much for posting this short article. I think I'll repot some of my roses today. I won't wait, I don't want to take any risk.
As for the garden outside my window, it belongs to my mother. She loves it and she keeps buying and planting new plants:)

Reaction score

View attachment 3082

View attachment 3083

View attachment 3084

View attachment 3085

That is so beautiful !!! Congratulations to you for having such a sweet boyfriend! :) I've never had roses, but would love to try and grow them sometime. Such pride when your loved!! :)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you!:) I believe he is the sweetest boyfriend in the whole world, just thinking about him makes me happy:love:
As for miniature roses, growing them is a truly wonderful experience. They're beautiful plants and they bloom often. I'll never have enough of them:D

Ask a Question