My gorgeous miniature rose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Like most of you know, my miniature roses haven't been doing well lately. To cheer me up, my boyfriend gave me a new rose. It's the most beautiful plant I've ever seen:love::D I love everything about it. It's big, healthy, and it produces a lot of gorgeous, white flowers.
My apologies for the quality of these photos, I don't have a decent camera yet:

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

I love my new rose, I can't stop looking at it:love:

Reaction score
You have a beautiful mini rose. I have a red mini rose I got several years ago. I never had much luck keeping them alive, so I put mine in my garden. It blooms plentifully every year and survives the winter. The rose gets pruned back every year, or it gets to tall. It is not as big as a regular rose and has smaller leaves and flowers. Everyone is always amazed when I tell them it is a mini rose like you get at the grocery store or Walmart or such.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Firelily99 - Thank you!:) My sick roses haven't started growing yet, but they don't die either, so I hope they will be fine. I water them less often now.
Evelynmcgregor - Thank you:) I'm sure your rose looks beautiful:) I was thinking about planting mine outside, but I think I'd miss them too much. I like having my miniature roses in my room, this way I can look at them all the time, even when I'm working or studying:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's beautiful Claudine! He has certainly got good taste :)

Reaction score
Wow, Clauds.... those roses are huuuge!!! Huge and beautiful blooms!!! That plant looks super healthy. Btw, do you already know what has been causing your miniature roses' deaths?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you all for your kind words:)
Trellum - yes, these flowers are huge, I love it:D:love: As for my other roses, it's possible that I was overwatering them, so their roots started to rot:( Now, I give them less water and I hope that it will help them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs - Thank you:)
MindyT - Tell your husband that you would love him to give you a rose. Or, when you're at a store together, spend a lot of time looking at plants in awe. Most men need hints, and not very subtle ones:LOL:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
dscf0025-jpg.28967

Couldn't be with my Darling on Valentine's Day this year so I made her a virtual breakfast and waited till she logged off before posting a pic of it. So she found it in the morning :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That was a really lovely idea, Zigs, I'm sure it made her happy:) My favorite thing about Valentine's is that most people become very romantic on this day:D
I want my boyfriend to make a breakfast for me:love:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It did Claudine, unfortunately the Rose didn't survive, I tried to grow it on as a cutting.

Tell him to look at what Ziggy did :D Might get him motivated :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I will:D He has a full time job now and he's extremely busy, so we rarely eat together. It would be more than great if he could make a virtual breakfast for me:D
My latest cuttings didn't survive either:(

Ask a Question