One gorgeous plant

Reaction score
I came across this plant while I was looking up some plant catalogues. This must be one of the pretties plants I have seen.. Medinilla magnifica rose grape
Here is a picture of the plant..Does anyone here have it? It was really expensive.. so I didn't bother with the ordering. gorgeous

800px-Medinilla_magnifica_flor.jpg

Wouldn't you like to get yourself one of those if you didn't have it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, it's gorgeous, I haven't seen it before. Usually, I prefer more "traditional" plants like roses, violets and tulips but this Medinilla magnifica rose grape looks really beautiful. I wonder how does it smell like.

Reaction score
That's a really beautiful plant, the flowers are definitely very beautiful and unique. I had never seen this plant until now... No wonder it's so expensive :love: Not sure I'd ever get it for my garden tho... it's too big, but if I had enough space then yeah, for sure!

Reaction score
That is truely a beautiful flower. I love pink flowers and this one is so unusual looking,,, like little clusters of pink grapes! I wonder what it smells like and if it is difficult to grow. I would love to have one, but it appears to need a lot of sun from what I can see in the picture, and I do not have any really sunny window sills in my house. :(

Reaction score
Do those things come in purple? That would be a very good addition to any garden. It would make your garden look exotic. It really looks pretty, but I doubt it would smell nice, since all the flowers I have encountered with those kinds of flowers usually smell weird or smell like nothing.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a beautiful plant. I have not seen it in my area. It can also be a container plant.

mDBq_ZCbpy7RY-Iu0nIB3PA.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It can be a container plant? This is great news!:D I don't have a garden anymore, so I spend a lot of time looking for beautiful plants that can be grown indoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Wow, what a beautiful plant! I would love to have one but it looks like it would overtake
my deck. Is it susceptible to any pests in particular? That has been a huge challenge
for me in the past and I like keeping things all natural and not having to use harmful
chemicals.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That is beautiful. It looks like a tropical plant though. Do you know what zone it grows in? How big does it get - is it a plant or more like a bush.

I would love to be able to afford a bunch of specimen plants like that and grow them around a pretty, stone patio, maybe with a fire pit and water feature. Just dreaming for a while.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
This is an old thread but I have one of these. Medinilla magnifica and it is blooming at the moment. I do keep it in my greenhouse all year long both for it's safety and for ease of care...
flower1.jpg

I always love when it blooms and bring it to the front on the benches so all can enjoy.

Ask a Question