So Many Gorgeous New Plants!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
So, I've been really good about not buying every plant in sight when I go to work. I have barely made a purchase in the last two weeks and I planned to set aside part of my paycheck to get some of the plants I really wanted. Today was payday! I'm getting a Meyer Lemon, night blooming jasmine, bulbine... Now I just have to figure out where in the garden all of these plants are going to live!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I am planning on visiting our local nursery this coming week. I have lots of seedlings going but I too am looking for something different.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Although it is a bit too early, I love making the rounds to the local nurseries with my wife, she knows her plants, I supply the man power. :)
Her knowledge is starting to rub off on me, as I selected all the plants for around the pond last year. :cautious:

In our zone, timing is the key. Plant too early and Jack Frost bites the poor plants, wait too long and the best selections are gone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
So my friend is moving to a new, smaller apartment, which means garden #2 had to go. Rented a cargo van last Sunday to pick up everything and bring it home with me - now I really have to figure out where things are going to live! Also acquired two more plants this week - native copper irises and a bamboo orchid. (Sigh)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is too early for us here in Michigan, in fact, it is snowing right at the moment, and the windchill factor is just freezing. I have been cleaning up my garden area a few weeks ago when it was nice out, but it went straight back into winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It is too early for us here in Michigan, in fact, it is snowing right at the moment, and the windchill factor is just freezing. I have been cleaning up my garden area a few weeks ago when it was nice out, but it went straight back into winter.

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe you're still having such wintry weather well into spring! It's practically April for crying out loud! I would not be able to stand it. I have been dragging my rear this morning because it's chilly outside, and it's only in the 50s! (I also worked 'til closing last night...)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is 34 degrees here, we have had a few nice days and a few rainy days. After that surprise snow we had a few weeks back the ground is good and wet, we have to put boots on to go out back. I am not sure what I will plant this year.

ChanellG if I worked in a nursery I would never have a check, I would take all the plants home in place of my check, too hard to resist.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yeah, here in Tennessee we had snow showers yesterday. For crying out loud, we're in the South and getting snow still. Of course, the week before it was in the 70s, so foolish me thought the cold weather was over.

However, the tulips and daylilies are coming up, they're about 6-8" inches tall. It won't be long before the tulips bloom. It's so nice to go outside and stroll around the gardens and see what's starting to come alive. The mums are putting out these little leaves, the sedum is starting to come alive. And I finally remembered what I had planted where another bunch of sprouts were coming up - coneflower. My husband almost pulled them thinking they were weeds. :(

Yea!! It won't be long now. :D If we can just keep the snow at bay.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, my gosh! I can't believe you're still having such wintry weather well into spring! It's practically April for crying out loud! I would not be able to stand it. I have been dragging my rear this morning because it's chilly outside, and it's only in the 50s! (I also worked 'til closing last night...)

The weather here is very moody! We were dumped on another inch of wet snow the night before, that made two snow showers in two weeks. I see that my daffodils and tulips are coming through the dirt. Happy, happy to see those guys :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The weather here is very moody! We were dumped on another inch of wet snow the night before, that made two snow showers in two weeks. I see that my daffodils and tulips are coming through the dirt. Happy, happy to see those guys :)

We keep seeing forecasts with chances for rain, but then no rain. While that's great if you have outdoor plans, it's not if you have to get to work and you don't have time to water either garden :-( No real clouds means the temperature has been rising as well. We've barely had spring and now it is starting to feel like summer - which means mosquitoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The more plants, the better:D I'm happy for you, ChanellG!
I bought 10 tulip bulbs today. They'll be grown indoors in two glass vases. I'm so excited!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The more plants, the better:D I'm happy for you, ChanellG!
I bought 10 tulip bulbs today. They'll be grown indoors in two glass vases. I'm so excited!:D

Isn't it amazing how something so simple can provide so much pleasure? We had pink tulips in the store this past week. I was tempted to get some, but as you know I have my hands full with plants for the moment, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Looking back at this I am amazed and amused with myself as I have acquired so many more new plants since I first posted it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I live in a village and since I embarked on my gardening obsession 4 years ago I frequent the local Emerald Village Nursery regularly to the point where I'm teased relentlessly but I must admit accurately. One friend says I should have car park especially for me. On one occasion I was heading to a shop on the way and my car just automatically drove there. I took it as sign I was meant to buy a particular plant. A new plant is soooo exciting. I'm so pleased to be able to share this with people who feels the same way. Thanks to you all.

Ask a Question