My cat is a gardener

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you and have to say that I can tell just from reading your post that you love having cats around just as much as I do - so many thanks to you too - as your comment re - suspecting your cat would be a republican and vote if he could - really made me chuckle :D

Absolutely, I do! I'm so glad I bring a little joy to your day! I have always had a cat in my life since I was young... Sometimes more than 1 at a time. I also have a dog named Lulu who is a bit like Garfield's Odie and the Rain Man rolled into one. DaVinci, my cat, tolerates Lulu's existence and is generous enough to allow her to stay with us LOL

Reaction score
You definitely did and yes I too have always had cats and sometimes a great deal more than one than - not that I mind of course - as I find them such a pleasure to have around - particularly as for some reason cats seem to be born natural comedians - as there isn't a day that goes past without one of them having me in stitches :D

Its nice to hear though - that you can have both a dog and a cat - as DaVinci - love the name by the way - is obviously a lot more generous than Tammy - who as you've probably already read - is quite ferocious when it comes to guarding her territory and will see off any dog that even just thinks about setting foot on it - so much so in fact - that one of my neighbors who lives quite some distance away - tells me his dog won''t even go in his kennel if he thinks that Tammy might be in the vicinity o_O:D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hahhaha DaVinci only tolerates her and Lulu is a bit of a ditz. He has gone so far as to go into her crate and mark his territory, just in case the dog gets any crazy ideas of the place being hers... The dog weighs 26 lbs. the cat is just about the same size ;)

Reaction score
Hahhaha DaVinci only tolerates her and Lulu is a bit of a ditz. He has gone so far as to go into her crate and mark his territory, just in case the dog gets any crazy ideas of the place being hers... The dog weighs 26 lbs. the cat is just about the same size ;)

:D hahaha - with my vivid imagination you have me chuckling yet again - although I have to say - I may not have been once the scent hit my nose - especially as it seems to linger for ever and ever and ........

Davinci sounds like a wonderful cat to have around - a big puss with a character to match :) much like the one in my avatar - who is not only bigger than the average small dog - but has a mischievous sense of humor too :LOL:

:oops: nearly forgot - what was Lulu's reaction to Davinci's perfume ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
:D hahaha - with my vivid imagination you have me chuckling yet again - although I have to say - I may not have been once the scent hit my nose - especially as it seems to linger for ever and ever and ........

Davinci sounds like a wonderful cat to have around - a big puss with a character to match :) much like the one in my avatar - who is not only bigger than the average small dog - but has a mischievous sense of humor too :LOL:

:oops: nearly forgot - what was Lulu's reaction to Davinci's perfume ?

Lulu is very docile; she is the least aggressive animal I know. The only time Lulu takes a stand against DaVinci is if he is trying to get at the food she is currently eating, otherwise she'll actually let him eat her food. As far as her crate goes, I tossed the carpet mat I had lining the inside, scrubbed the crate down and replaced the carpet; the smell is gone now.

It took me a day or 2 to realize what happened (poor Lulu). The kitty litter is next to the crate (it's kind of a reserved animal area off the side my kitchen) The first day, I thought the smell was the litter, which I scoop 2x daily... but I changed it and scrubbed it anyway. The next day I again thought it was the litter box, until I bent over to let Lulu out and got a full on whiff of the smell inside. *WOW* Now we lock the crate when Lulu isn't using it so DaVinci can't be so mean to her.

DaVinci is a rescue animal... He was originally adopted by my son and his wife, but the older he has gotten the more his personality and needs became more than they could handle along with jobs and other animals in the home. He can be destructive when he doesn't get his way or is unsupervised for long periods of time. So I took him in. He's spoiled and the more spoiled he is the more he thinks he should be... he can be overwhelming at times. As pushy and demanding as he is, he is also loving. It's his saving grace lol

I'm attaching a picture of him with my daughter.
23.JPG

Reaction score
Well now its my turn Gliss - to say aww - as I think Davinci is just gorgeous :) but now after having read your post - although of course from the photo it would be hard to believe lol - I now understand exactly what you meant when you said that he was a very demanding cat - but from the sound of it a very lovable and entertaining character too :D

I do however just have to add - that as I myself care for many abandoned and mistreated cats and kittens - I think it wonderful that Davinci has found such a devoted and understanding owner who clearly loves him very much and a dog friend - Lulu - who is obviously also very understanding of his demanding ways :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, my cat Tinker thinks he has a green paw I think. He always has to be right there when I am planting something. And as soon as I get everything planted he will go right behind me and dig them up. That little stinker,:) But in some ways its a little funny I know he thinks he is trying to help. But then other times it seems as if he knows that he is being a little fart.

Ask a Question