My cat is a gardener

Reaction score
Felina doesn't play fetch. I don't think she ever got a chance, because George, the dog, is a ball pro and he always gets there first. Actually, the dog is obsessed with balls. He always is trying to make us play with him. He would have never let Felina get involved in his special game.

It's a shame, 'cause I've seen videos of cats playing ball and they're very funny. I wish I could see it here at home :)

Oh what a shame - as for all you know she is probably secretly wishing she could play too and yes I would very definitely agree that cats playing ball - is hilariously funny and to be honest as are most things involving cats - as for some reason the majority of what seems normal to them - is generally extremely amusing to others :D

Love your video by the way :) in fact so much so - that I shall be coming back to view it quite frequently :D so many thanks for sharing it with us.

And yes I see what you mean about Felina being the huntress and although the anole was a lucky that time - bet it doesn't happen very often - I know it doesn't with Tammy and although I too would agree - that some of the things that cats do - do seem to us to be rather cruel - they are only doing what comes natural to them - but that said - I have to say - I've never worked out why they like to play with their food for so long before eating it,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you and yes its always great having her around - in fact we were having great fun just a few hours ago - when she was helping me put some cuttings in and kept sticking her paw in - every time she thought the hole wasn't quite deep enough :D Shame that although you like cats - you can't have one because your dog hates them so much - although I have to say that wouldn't bother Tammy too much - as she generally sees off any dog that dares to come anywhere near her territory o_O
My dog would be furious if he met a cat that isn't scared of him. He is a very aggressive little Yorkie who loves being feared:p
Do cats dig? My dog dug up all tulip bulbs that my mother had planted:eek: I guess he wants to be a gardener too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
My dog would be furious if he met a cat that isn't scared of him. He is a very aggressive little Yorkie who loves being feared:p
Do cats dig? My dog dug up all tulip bulbs that my mother had planted:eek: I guess he wants to be a gardener too.
He probably thought your mom was burying bones for him, how nice of her! :love::LOL:
Your Yorkie should meet Buckshot, Felina's son. He'd be really furious then :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
He probably thought your mom was burying bones for him, how nice of her! :love::LOL:
Your Yorkie should meet Buckshot, Felina's son. He'd be really furious then :ROFLMAO:
Haha, it's very possible, maybe he thought that my mother is playing with him;) Fortunately, he didn't eat any of those bulbs, he just dug them up and left in the middle of a flower bed.
Buckshot sounds like a very brave cat:D

Reaction score
Your cat looks adorable!

Sadly my cat just likes to eat my plants. I'm thinking of getting some catnip for her to nibble on.

Reaction score

Haha - he wouldn't like Tammy then- as not only is this tiny little placid looking cat - not afraid of chasing off little dogs she is not afraid of chasing great big dogs like Alsatians either - which I have to say always has me in stitches - as its a truly hilarious sight - oh and she growls too :LOL:

Yes cats do dig - however although they too can dig up many beloved plants in the process - they are generally digging for an entirely different reason than that of dogs :D

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a picture with you all of one of my cats - who always enjoys helping me in the garden :D

This is Tammy my gardening cat - who as you can see is a bit of perfectionist

View attachment 3697

as although she did finish tending the Gazania before moving onto to tend the baby Aloe - does appear to think - that there is still something not quite right with the Gazania :D
Cute picture and really does remind me of my 2 cats. They are so funny in my plants. :) I have a few plants on our back porch and they like to go out there and just lay in the sun at times. It's all enclosed so I don't mind. I always see them swatting away at a few of the plants out there. I always say their my little helpers!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha - he wouldn't like Tammy then- as not only is this tiny little placid looking cat - not afraid of chasing off little dogs she is not afraid of chasing great big dogs like Alsatians either - which I have to say always has me in stitches - as its a truly hilarious sight - oh and she growls too :LOL:
Well, my Yorkie isn't scared of chasing dogs much bigger than him. Yesterday, he wanted to attack a pitbull. I think it would be funny if he could meet Tammy. They're equally brave, so maybe they would become friends:) Or forever enemies;)

Reaction score
Thank you vennybunny and yes - if my cats are anything to go by - think your cat would be thrilled if you got her some catnip to nibble on :)

Many thanks Danyel72 and yes she is a little cutie - but then like you I think all cats are - as they are such lovely little creatures to have around and so comical too - as not a day goes by that they don't do something to really make me laugh :D

Haha claudine think it probably would - but whether they would be the best of friends or mortal enemies - is hard to say - especially as Tammy not only growls but bites too :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aww, was my first reaction! This a great shot. You certainly caught her mix of curiosity and feline micro-management. I have a feline manager overseeing activities here at my house as well. Mine is an older male and very demanding and extremely persistent... I suspect he'd be a republican if he could vote. ;)

Reaction score
Aww, was my first reaction! This a great shot. You certainly caught her mix of curiosity and feline micro-management. I have a feline manager overseeing activities here at my house as well. Mine is an older male and very demanding and extremely persistent... I suspect he'd be a republican if he could vote. ;)

Thank you and have to say that I can tell just from reading your post that you love having cats around just as much as I do - so many thanks to you too - as your comment re - suspecting your cat would be a republican and vote if he could - really made me chuckle :D

Ask a Question