My cat is a gardener

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a picture with you all of one of my cats - who always enjoys helping me in the garden :D

This is Tammy my gardening cat - who as you can see is a bit of perfectionist

Tammy - my gardening cat .JPG

as although she did finish tending the Gazania before moving onto to tend the baby Aloe - does appear to think - that there is still something not quite right with the Gazania :D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
So cute, she is thinking over the situation to see what she needs to add to the final product.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
What a lovely little cat! You ought to get her a tiny set of gardening tools, and perhaps a straw hat for those warmer days.

Reaction score
That is so freaking cute. She's almost in a human pose, just checking on the plants. I agree that she would look adorable in a gardening hat.

Reaction score
Your cat is truly gorgeous :) Thanks for sharing :) How many cats do you have? I felt kinda curious, because you just said she is just one of your cats ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Beautiful cat and picture! :p I wonder what it is with cats and gardens. They must be really curious creatures because my cats love hiding among the plants when I am planting something, too.

Reaction score
Pretty kitty and a delightful photo. She probably was wishing that there was a catnip plant in the pot so she could kick back and relax with some kitty weed!

Reaction score
Many thanks to you all - especially as Tammy was very flattered when I relayed all your lovely comments to her :D

R.R - think it highly likely that she does :D

Pat - quite possibly - as she is such a perfectionist :)

marlingardener - lol - as I've noticed that she seems to be more comfortable when using her own natural in built gardening equipment of paws, teeth and claws - maybe not - as although she often pinches mine - she does seem to prefer playing with them - rather than use them for gardening :D

ACSAPA - thank you and yes she does this human pose quite a lot and especially when she is helping me choose which fruits or vegetables are ready and although normally very placid think she may get a little :mad: if I asked to wear a hat

Trellum - my pleasure and in answer to your question a lot more than most - as I help and care for many abandoned and mistreated cats and kittens - who while they are with me - like Tammy who has been with me for 2 years now - are treated and cared for in just the same way as I would my own pets.

helagumamela - many thanks and yes I've noticed that too - however although all my other cats are quite content to laze around in flower pots and under bushes - not Tammy - she only has to hear me pick up my gardening tools and she is there is a flash :D

firelily99 - lol - think you are probably spot on - especially as I've noticed she does seem to spend a lot of time partying with the others - in their own large Catnip party area :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Tammy is an adorable gardener:D It must be fun to work in a garden with her:) I love cats. I wish my dog didn't hate them so much. If he was less aggressive, I'd adopt at least one kitten.

Reaction score
Tammy is an adorable gardener:D It must be fun to work in a garden with her:) I love cats. I wish my dog didn't hate them so much. If he was less aggressive, I'd adopt at least one kitten.

Thank you and yes its always great having her around - in fact we were having great fun just a few hours ago - when she was helping me put some cuttings in and kept sticking her paw in - every time she thought the hole wasn't quite deep enough :D Shame that although you like cats - you can't have one because your dog hates them so much - although I have to say that wouldn't bother Tammy too much - as she generally sees off any dog that dares to come anywhere near her territory o_O

Reaction score
Felina follows me around especially when I water. She loves to drink fresh water when I water the plants.

Haha - Tammy does the same as Felina - doesn't even seem to mind getting wet either - which is a good thing as she often does in her quest to investigate the water :D

I do however have a question and although its purely curiosity - but as Tammy is the cat I mentioned in your thread about Felina - that thinks she is a dog and always likes to come for walk with me - as Tammy also likes to play fetch with either a ball or a stick - I can't resist asking - but does Felina like to play fetch too ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Felina doesn't play fetch. I don't think she ever got a chance, because George, the dog, is a ball pro and he always gets there first. Actually, the dog is obsessed with balls. He always is trying to make us play with him. He would have never let Felina get involved in his special game.

It's a shame, 'cause I've seen videos of cats playing ball and they're very funny. I wish I could see it here at home :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
A few years ago I enjoyed a very interesting battle in my backyard. Felina and George against a green anole. Felina is the huntress in the family, and George is the coward, and you can tell in the video I uploaded on Youtube titled: Urban wildlife: cat & dog against green anole :D

I believe the anole got away. Felina only felt like playing that day. Cats can be so cruel sometimes...:confused:

Ask a Question