My Calla Lilies are blooming after 5 years!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
There's nothing wrong with crazy, when you hit insane, that's when we have to worry.

As for a plane ride I can't imagine the bulbs will mind, but if need be you might be able to get something to calm their nerves... Do NOT send them on the space station though. Seeds that have been sent for a trip on the space station have oddly when brought back and planted, and it's not known yet what the end results will be.

I hope you have many years of wonderful calla lily blossoms. Good think it wasn't a tree you were given!
Meowmie, I often quote "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"o_O
Lots of plants hold sentimental value I think. Reminders of friends, family, outings,holidays, visits, lunches, laughs, tears, lots of things. :LOL::love::):sneaky:(y)(n):cautious::rolleyes: I could go on! Gosh, a trip through your garden can be like a kaleidoscope of memories, great joy and great comfort.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I will definitely try it, Claudine :) My future mother in law might think I am crazy, but what the heck! I will definitely give it a go, there might be many calla lilies there, but this one is my calla lily ;)
I couldn't agree more with you Trellum, it is your calla lily and it would be lovely to have a constant reminder of your family and your routes to take into your new life. Good luck :love: very exciting for you(y)

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with you Trellum, it is your calla lily and it would be lovely to have a constant reminder of your family and your routes to take into your new life. Good luck :love: very exciting for you(y)

Hi Deb :) I found out I might not be able to take the bulbs with me, so I am planning to give it to my former doctor who is also my friend and even went to see me to the hospital when the doctors thought I have kidney cancer. He is now in a wheelchair, he was ran over 2 years ago and is not the same since then. I want him to remember me every time he seem that calla lily blooming :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi Deb :) I found out I might not be able to take the bulbs with me, so I am planning to give it to my former doctor who is also my friend and even went to see me to the hospital when the doctors thought I have kidney cancer. He is now in a wheelchair, he was ran over 2 years ago and is not the same since then. I want him to remember me every time he seem that calla lily blooming :)

Hi Tellum, Right, you might have to let your Call Lily be adopted. I know, sad. However, what beautiful pictures and memories you can keep with you forever! We had some growing on the flower farm this year in crates on the patio. One morning we work up to a big ruckus. There was a stake of crates sitting next to the lilies that got tumbled over and many of the lilies got trampled on. We think it may have been a deer that got frightened in the mix. Oh, it was a sad, shocking morning, indeed.

Reaction score
Hi Tellum, Right, you might have to let your Call Lily be adopted. I know, sad. However, what beautiful pictures and memories you can keep with you forever! We had some growing on the flower farm this year in crates on the patio. One morning we work up to a big ruckus. There was a stake of crates sitting next to the lilies that got tumbled over and many of the lilies got trampled on. We think it may have been a deer that got frightened in the mix. Oh, it was a sad, shocking morning, indeed.

Something sad happened recently as well :( I still had the lilies at my mom's place, the pot they were in was broken and I was planing to transfer them to a different one. Sadly my mom threw them away first, I didn't know until one week later when I went to check o them. She said she did it because she thought I didn't want them anymore. I told her that there were so many pots, why that one? They were going to be a gift for a sick friend of mine I recently reconnected with :( He is old and dying, and I'm moving out to the other side of the world, I wanted him to think of me every time he'd have seen them blooming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
A few years ago Susan planted Calla lilies. They only grew leaves, She did not lift them in the autumn. She resides in Pennsylvania.
The second year was no different. The Calla lilies only grew leaves. Susan did not dig them up.
The question is: Will her Calla lilies ever flower? Or should she plant new ones?

fishycomics

Big Apple
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10
Country
United States
Yeah, I followed the instructions, put this Calla Lily ryzone, whatever they are called, 3 inches under, trying to figure out which is the top and bottom. and nothing came up from March to today.
IMG_3468.JPG

this was just one that has four plants growing, well can not wait till it blossems

Ask a Question