My Calla Lilies need help please

Reaction score
I’ve done a little research, but I’m still not sure of the right thing to do. My Callas on one plant are turning green and drooping and some leaves are yellowing. I have read that this condition could be due to not enough sun, going dormant, or too much fertilizer. I have used a generic flower food. I don’t think I have over – watered.
I have attached a photo, any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Calla Lily (1).jpg

Reaction score
Iris , to me your plant does look like it could do with more sunlight. The yellowing leaves and the pale flowers suggest that. Remove all the drying and yellowing leaves to give your plant some more energy to recoup. You may want to gradually increase the hours of direct sunlight or you might stress out your plant some more.
I am not sure if your plant looks like it is over fertilized, unless you did it recently. If that is the case, remove the plant from the container, clean out the soil and wash the roots before re-potting them. You could save your plants.
I love calla lilies and hope you find a way to keep this plant healthy and happy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I just read something about yellowing leaves and soil quality. You may need to have your soil tested to know for sure what the problem is. I haven't tried growing calla lilies yet, so I don't have any specific tips, but it is possible you overfed them if the plant is new. Think about the potting soil you used and what nutrients it may have already had. It's usually established plants and those that are being repotted that need fertilizer.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It could also just be dormant, sometimes they go into dormancy before winter depending on if they where forced to bloom at the incorrect time. I am growing them now for the 1st time and experiencing similar things with my potted Calla that I received as a gift (fully bloomed). I deadheaded the blooms cut off all yellow foliage and stopped watering, once it dries out fully I will move it to dark dry location (not too cold like garage) for two months, then bring it back. That's what my reading has led me to want to try! Good Luck!

Ask a Question