Mulberry Bush

Reaction score
So my parents came home with a Mulberry Bush....

Its almost as if its taken them 15 years to notice I like plants....anyway, are there any specific details I need to know specifically about this plant? Aside from lots of sun, water, and eventually a bigger pot? I know they get rather large, but I think my parents are planning on hedging it and putting it against the window (outside. No purple stains on the floor thanks) along with the Mint and the Parsley...eventually.

Oh, don't mind the dead looking grass, it was only mowed this morning. I promise it's normally green!

20140802_151827.jpg

20140802_151921.jpg

20140802_151953 (1).jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Black Mulberry (Morus nigra) is a deciduous shrub or tree widely grown for its fleshy multiple fruits. Plants may be either dioecious or monecious. Though Morus nigra has been widely cultivated since ancient times, it appears that the native range is in the mountains of western Iran. Black Mulberry is an adaptable plant that that prefers full sun and well-drained conditions, but will grow well in a wide variety of soils and climates.

Ask a Question