Moving with a garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I just got the news from my grandpa (who owns the house I live in) that he would like us to voluntarily move out so he can sell the house. I am devastated, because I've been living here for over 20 years (almost my entire life)

I'm wondering about my garden, though. I was really upset about having to leave it, and my sister kinda brushed it off saying the plants are dying back already anyways but that's not the point. I put a lot of work into that garden and I don't want someone else to get the fruits of that hard labor just because they bought the house. Maybe I'm just being petty.

I was wondering if it would be weird if I dug everything up and brought all of my garden stuff to the new house we are getting. Would it be more worth it to just leave the garden as is and build a new one? Is it weird that I'm so upset about leaving it in the first place?

Some recent pictures of said garden:
IMG_20230927_104357.jpg
IMG_20230927_104325.jpg

the blue tarp on the left was because I was planning on expanding the garden next year but I guess that's not happening now

IMG_20230927_104331.jpg
IMG_20230927_104341.jpg
IMG_20230927_104337.jpg

Ask a Question