Moving white azalea bush

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! We want to transplant a small azalea bush from my grandparents house to our house. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this without ruining the plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Shouldn't be a problem. They are shallow rooted.
Dig it up, retaining a decent size rootball and put it in a polythene bag with a drop of water, tie the bag off at the base of the trunk to keep the moisture in. If you're going to plant it yourself, get some ericaceous compost. Dig a hole for it a few inches wider than the rootball. Put it in and press the compost around it. Then water it. It'll need watering every few days until the roots get re-established.
I've moved a few, but mostly from a smaller pot to a larger one. None died!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shouldn't be a problem. They are shallow rooted.
Dig it up, retaining a decent size rootball and put it in a polythene bag with a drop of water, tie the bag off at the base of the trunk to keep the moisture in. If you're going to plant it yourself, get some ericaceous compost. Dig a hole for it a few inches wider than the rootball. Put it in and press the compost around it. Then water it. It'll need watering every few days until the roots get re-established.
I've moved a few, but mostly from a smaller pot to a larger one. None died!
Great! It sounds pretty simple! I’m super excited!

Ask a Question