Mother Nature IS At It Again

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This year the weather has been very interesting. We have had more heavy rain than normal with today scheduled to be very steamy and hot with another storm on the way. Hope the power grids hold today, it maybe over 100 degrees today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Yes indeed, While we haven't had the precip you have had, it is trying to catch up. Today looks like it my be interesting with some violent weather. We shall see

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's been raining here for the past week. I love the rain and I grow all my plants indoors, so the weather doesn't bother me at all. But I wish it was warmer! Today, it's only 16c.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had a huge but short storm yesterday; and it was so humid before the storm arrived. The wind is still blowing strongly today but the sun is out. This year we also have more rain than sun so far.

Reaction score
This year the weather has been very interesting. We have had more heavy rain than normal with today scheduled to be very steamy and hot with another storm on the way. Hope the power grids hold today, it maybe over 100 degrees today.

Man, I hope you guys are ok, we haven't experienced that kind of temperatures in a while where I live! Gosh, if there is something that kills me is hot steamy weather, now that is the worst that could ever happen to me (at least in terms of weather).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am getting used to dancing to the tune of what nature plays around me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Yikes! That's hot! I have a new job in another garden center and I felt sick for a while in the heat yesterday. It is so humid on top of being hot that I have to change my shirt after watering the plants in the morning before I even leave for work! LOL, I get dressed twice! At work I have usually sweat through my shirt by lunch!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Crazy (but typical) spring and early summer weather here in the upper Midwest too. Night before last a huge line of storms moved across the area. They were predicting hail over one inch in diameter, tornadoes and very high winds. I covered what veggies I could with tarps but all we got here was lots of rain and some wind, nothing bad. Tornado took out a dairy farm and a lot of cows :( about 60 miles away, though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Crazy (but typical) spring and early summer weather here in the upper Midwest too. Night before last a huge line of storms moved across the area. They were predicting hail over one inch in diameter, tornadoes and very high winds. I covered what veggies I could with tarps but all we got here was lots of rain and some wind, nothing bad. Tornado took out a dairy farm and a lot of cows :( about 60 miles away, though.

I love a thunder storm if I'm safe and sound at home but I don't think I'd love a tornado, poor cows.:( To say nothing of the fear the humans would have felt.:(:(:( We do have some doozies of hail storms. Several years ago my husbands car was battered and bruised during one, he actually recorded it as he sat it out along with his ffffflabergastered comments!!!!!! Happened to lots of people, lots of insurance claim for cars and damage to homes. Luckily no fatalities.:rolleyes:

Ask a Question