Mother Nature Stop Playing with me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I have to tell you all, I am sitting in a place that is a bit depressing. You would think this winter would be great because we have had so much nice weather, with the exception of that seven feet of snow. Here is why I am blue, I have found a few times now this winter when the weather was very mild I have gone outside and felt like I should be doing garden stuff. Some times I can do lighter clean up's, Buts that's where it ends and the blues set in. I want it to be spring, I want to plant and water. I get sad thinking there will be at least at a minimal 60 more days of cold cold weather. This morning they said it will go down to the single digits by Tuesday, Today is spring like at 40 degrees with a light rain, by tonight we will drop to about 15 degrees. Mother Nature stop this roller coaster ride!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can relate to it, I'm frustrated too. Winter is my least favorite season! I'm so tired of seeing leaveless trees, gray grass and empty flower beds. I want my miniature roses to stat growing and blooming!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I, too, share your feelings. This is always the hardest time of year, when everything has died and looks so dreary. We've gone days without the sun coming out and it's been too cold and wet to get outside. I've found it helps to pull out the gardening catalogs and dream a little. Make a few plans about new plants you want to incorporate in your garden and even look at some new hardscaping. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have to tell you all, I am sitting in a place that is a bit depressing. You would think this winter would be great because we have had so much nice weather, with the exception of that seven feet of snow. Here is why I am blue, I have found a few times now this winter when the weather was very mild I have gone outside and felt like I should be doing garden stuff. Some times I can do lighter clean up's, Buts that's where it ends and the blues set in. I want it to be spring, I want to plant and water. I get sad thinking there will be at least at a minimal 60 more days of cold cold weather. This morning they said it will go down to the single digits by Tuesday, Today is spring like at 40 degrees with a light rain, by tonight we will drop to about 15 degrees. Mother Nature stop this roller coaster ride!
That is so sad. Good thing we don't have winter here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, we don't have spring as well.

Reaction score
We don't really have seasons in Florida, so I wouldn't mind experiencing one of your winters just to see what it's like. When it's even a little cold, Floridians break out their winter fashions and leather jackets because they never get to wear them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We don't really have seasons in Florida, so I wouldn't mind experiencing one of your winters just to see what it's like. When it's even a little cold, Floridians break out their winter fashions and leather jackets because they never get to wear them.
I wish I could send you some snow and one or two really cold days:) Today, it's freezing here and snow covered everything. All children are very happy, because they love riding sledges.
I miss gardening!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has been raining and gray in my area, the report for today stated the temperatures would go down also. Winter is also my least favorite season, I really do not like the cold weather. The next 90 days will go quickly and we all will be back outdoors cleaning and planting. I say this very positive statement with tongue in cheek humor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Winter gets depressing for a lot of people, myself included. It is nice when the season first starts out because it is also the holiday season, so it comes together nicely. After Christmas, there is really nothing else to look forward to until spring comes upon us once again. My fiance also gets some winter boredom and depression I have noticed. They say that it is a real condition for many people because their vitamin D is depleated. I hope we can all survive the rest of the winter on a halfway positive note.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa

I'll trade you our winters for yours. Not that you'll get to see much snow because I've only seen it snow here three times in my whole life. But it still gets pretty cold and we do get a lot of frost. I hate cold weather.

I'm in the southern hemisphere though, so I'm enjoying summer right now and wish it would never end.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I wish it was summer around here now. This winter does seem very depressing right now. I quit smoking and so I want summer to hurry up and get here so I can go hiking with the family. It is too cold right now.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd had enough yesterday, only 8 hour days and for 2 days it was so cloudy that folk had the headlights on in the day.

But today was lovely, warm enough to work outside without a coat. bit chilly now mind, there'll be a frost by morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As I drove into work this morning I saw the sun pop out for just a little while and I actually got a smile on my face. It was nice to see for a change and much needed to lift my spirits a little. The clouds set in again and I am in a blah mood once again. I will be so glad when spring comes in a few weeks.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Light past 5 o'clock now :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Zigs, you are right. I just noticed that this weekend when I was washing dishes at the kitchen sink. It was almost 6pm and not pitch black outside yet. Today even started out as another sunny day here.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Roll on the 29th of March, clocks go forward an hour making it light till 8pm :)

Ask a Question