Mother Nature is Being a Butt Again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Beautiful nice weather almost all winter. Only a few days of cold. Woke up this morning, and our ground was frozen. You have GOT to be kidding me!

We almost started working on a small veggie patch a couple of weeks ago to experiment. Thank goodness we got lazy and never got to it. Our garden would have been RUINED. The temp just suddenly dropped last night and we did not know about it until this morning. Oh what a world, what a world.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Meanwhile, I've got over a foot of snow on the ground and temps in the teens for the next week or longer, and I won't see plants start growing for at least two more months (n)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are getting more snow right now, and the 16 inches from last time hasn't melt yet. But who am I kidding? We are only in the middle of February, and I am in Michigan. Nothing can grow here except for the evergreen trees staying green all year round!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Fortunately, spring will come. I'm so looking forward to it! I dream about flowers and green trees and wild grass. And, above all, I want to bring my miniature roses to my new apartment:love:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Still three feet of snow and one foot of ice outside, so I don't see any planting for a long time to come. Winter is indeed a butthead.

_origin_I-hate-winter-7.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We are in the 40s at the moment, but the frost gods could pour upon me yet again and so I am not holding my breath just yet. I think I am going to go and get some seeds this weekend though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Claudine, if you need to relocate your mini-roses before things thaw out, you can use a cooler. Just put a warmed towel in the bottom, shut the lid long enough for the inside temp to rise, quickly pop the roses in and slam the lid shut. The warmth of the towel makes a micro climate for plants and the towel also keeps them from shifting during transport.
In the interest of world peace, I will not mention the current temperature here in central Texas. It is predicted that a cold front will move through tomorrow and the daytime temperature will be in the 50's. Will this winter never end?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
In the interest of world peace, I will not mention the current temperature here in central Texas. It is predicted that a cold front will move through tomorrow and the daytime temperature will be in the 50's. Will this winter never end?
I have the AC going here. I'm tired of sweating.

Reaction score
Right now we are getting the cold front that Texas will receive tomorrow. It is grey and nasty and windy and I cannot even COMPLAIN about it properly because so much of the USA is getting snow right now!

R.R., I would not be in your area in August for ANYTHING, LOL!

Last edited:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The weather man says we are in for another cold front down to about 18 degrees at night. It has been cold but none of that snow that has other parts of the country buried. Today is grey and cold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Shimus, haha, I love this picture! It's beyond hilarious. I've been a big fan of the Grumpy Cat for a long time now:D
Today, it's surprisingly warm here. It's 7 degree Celcius and the sun is shining bright.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's snowing again here. Had to shovel. Should have left it down, I shoveled right down to a sheet of ice and ate it right on the cement. Oh well. Teaches me a lesson, lol. And it was more a wake-up call then anything that hurt so no-problem. I have been a fan of Grumpy Cat since the cat meme started. So funny.

Here's another one of my favorites:

your_family_tree_540.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Got some snow overnight and now the temps are gonna be in their teens and 20's the coming week with a forecast of more snow. Blegh. I'm glad that it's nothing like last year, but this is pretty annoying.

Ask a Question