Morning glories--love 'em or hate 'em?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I don't care. LOL We had a whole bunch of Morning Glories back in California and we loved them! They attracted huge black bumblebees, which were harmless but looked very intimidating. They were as big as my thumb. We just bought four different species to plant in our new lawn here in Tennessee. We recently moved to northeastern Tennessee and we were glad to see that we can plant them again here.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are many different plants in the Morning-glory Family (Convolvulaceae). Some are troublesome weeds, such as Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis), but most are worthwhile wildflowers and garden ornaments. Some species are also edible crops, such as Sweet-potato (Ipomoea batatas) and Water-spinach (Ipomoea aquatica). Many Morning-glories are vines, but there are also upright shrubby perennial sub-shrubs, such as Convovulus cneorum, and even taller shrubs and small trees such as Tree Morning-glory (Ipomoea arborescens).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Grow Morning Glories on a trellis

We had them growing on a long wrought-iron fence and all along a chain link fence betwixt our neighbor's house and ours. They were beautiful! I just replaced a section of chain link fence for our driveway gate at our new house and I may use the fence sections as trellises somewhere on our property.

Ask a Question