Morning Glories!

Reaction score
I absolutely love morning glories. I planted a bunch last year, but something happened to all of them. Either they died to something ate them. Is there anything I can do to ensure that they thrive? They are so beautiful and I have this cute trellis that I would like them to grow up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
You can start them in the house, and then set them out once they have sprouted well. I just planted some outside along the chain link fence, and they are starting to come up now. I like to mix them in with other vining plants, like green beans, and then you have pretty flowers growing along the fence as well as the beans.
One nice thing about the morning glories, they are so easy to save the seeds from, once you get your first summer of flowers. I just put the seeds in a large bowl, and then take them out of the little pods and when I have them all separated, then i store them in plastic sandwich bags or in envelopes.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also like morning glories, I have never tried to grow them, I am looking for a new plant this year, something that I have never grown, it just maybe the morning glory plant.

Ask a Question