Monstera adansonii yellow spots on leaves help please?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi!

i recently bought an adansonii and have kept it in quarantine when I saw the yellow spots on the leaves. The plant is still growing. I keep it in a west facing window in a clear plastic bag (high humidity). I open the bag daily so it gets fresh air. The soil was really wet when I bought the plant and have not watered since.
It’s definitely grown and the new leaf is unfurling.
Does this andansonii have a disease or are the yellow spots from improper care?
The first two photos are from today. The last photo shows the time stamp when I got the plant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 364
  • CF60ABDA-50B6-4B93-B253-DEABFF4A0BC9.jpeg
    CF60ABDA-50B6-4B93-B253-DEABFF4A0BC9.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 389
Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks for the video Logan.

The yellow spots were there before I put it in a bag. It was on the plant when I bought it, I just didn't realize it until I got home. I'm only keeping it in a bag to prevent the disease from spreading to my other plants. I live in an apt and don't have any outdoor space. I take it outside my front door to air out every day. The yellow spots have not changed. I was afraid it was bacteria or virus like mosaic.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the video Logan.

The yellow spots were there before I put it in a bag. It was on the plant when I bought it, I just didn't realize it until I got home. I'm only keeping it in a bag to prevent the disease from spreading to my other plants. I live in an apt and don't have any outdoor space. I take it outside my front door to air out every day. The yellow spots have not changed. I was afraid it was bacteria or virus like mosaic.
I wouldn't take it outside, it's not a disease it's what you're doing to it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was most likely due to overwatering. I think HD overwatered it. The soil was really damp when I purchased it. I changed the soil to an aroid soil mix and the adasonii has been growing and doing well since then.
Good to know! (I tend to overwater my plants, so it sounds very right :D)
My monstera is feeling good, giving new leaves, only these weird spots were worrying me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi!

i recently bought an adansonii and have kept it in quarantine when I saw the yellow spots on the leaves. The plant is still growing. I keep it in a west facing window in a clear plastic bag (high humidity). I open the bag daily so it gets fresh air. The soil was really wet when I bought the plant and have not watered since.
It’s definitely grown and the new leaf is unfurling.
Does this andansonii have a disease or are the yellow spots from improper care?
The first two photos are from today. The last photo shows the time stamp when I got the plant.
I think this can help. Go through the care guide.

Swiss Cheese Plant (Monstera Deliciosa) Indoor Care Guide​

Swiss Cheese Plant (Monstera deliciosa) is an epiphytic tropical vine with large, distinctive leaves. The leaves are green and heart-shaped, with deep furrows running along their length. The plant produces edible fruits that smell like a combination of pineapples and bananas. Although the vines can climb as high as 20 feet, 8 to 12 feet is their limit when grown indoors. It is native to regions of Mexico and Panama.

Ask a Question