Monstera Friedrichsthalii/Adansonii help please!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey, everybody! Just found this forum, and I'm super excited to be posting here. I don't have many plant-loving friends IRL.

I have a deliciosa, as well as my friedrichsthalii, and I'm wondering how similar the necessary care requirements are between these two sibling species-- mainly, the watering. Should I soak my friedrichsthalii and let the excess drain out the same way I do for my (super thirsty) deliciosa? And, should I mist it with a squirt bottle? Any tips/tricks to share for this plant would be most appreciated! Both are well established, mature plants.

I also have a nearby humidifier that runs 12 hours a day, and both plants are within sight of the sky in indirect light from a side window, too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi, @alp -- I've actually seen that video!! It really helped me a lot when I first got my deliciosa. I'm just curious about the adansonii; whether or not there's anything particular I should be doing for that specific monstera.

Thank you so much for replying, though! :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, @alp -- I've actually seen that video!! It really helped me a lot when I first got my deliciosa. I'm just curious about the adansonii; whether or not there's anything particular I should be doing for that specific monstera.

Thank you so much for replying, though! :D

Have you read the first link? It's more relevant to your question.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, everybody! Just found this forum, and I'm super excited to be posting here. I don't have many plant-loving friends IRL.

I have a deliciosa, as well as my friedrichsthalii, and I'm wondering how similar the necessary care requirements are between these two sibling species-- mainly, the watering. Should I soak my friedrichsthalii and let the excess drain out the same way I do for my (super thirsty) deliciosa? And, should I mist it with a squirt bottle? Any tips/tricks to share for this plant would be most appreciated! Both are well established, mature plants.

I also have a nearby humidifier that runs 12 hours a day, and both plants are within sight of the sky in indirect light from a side window, too.

You can have all the required information from this.

Ask a Question