Monstera adansonii propagation issue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, newbie to monsteras and propagation. I took a chance and purchased a stem cutting from a monstera adansonii variegated. The cutting had roots and a growth point from water propagation. I moved it to sphagnum moss a week later and it was doing well, and grew a leaf. But 4 weeks later, it still only had one leaf. I then moved it to soil, and it’s been about 3 weeks, and still no changes. It’s not dying or growing, just living. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States

Swiss Cheese Plant (Monstera Deliciosa) Indoor Care Guide​

Swiss Cheese Plant (Monstera deliciosa) is an epiphytic tropical vine with large, distinctive leaves. The leaves are green and heart-shaped, with deep furrows running along their length. The plant produces edible fruits that smell like a combination of pineapples and bananas. Although the vines can climb as high as 20 feet, 8 to 12 feet is their limit when grown indoors. It is native to regions of Mexico and Panama.

Ask a Question