Monstera adansonii HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, i have a monstera adansonii (swiss cheese) plant. Overall it is doing fine but i notice that the leaves have small spots that look thinner than normal. This is especially visible when the light shines through the leaves. These spots are more transparent and less green than the surround leaf. Also the some of the edges and tips of leaves are browning. Some leaves almost look like they have “turned” variegated but it’s not a variegated plant. I just want the leaves too be a deeper, healthy green without all the thinning spots, brown edges and fragile breaks in the leaves. Hopefully you can see what I am referring to in the photos I attached. Maybe I’m just overreacting and looking at it too closely? I water it whenever the top inches of the soil are dry. I have it sitting next to a window. It gets indirect light most of the day and then a couple hours a day there is sun shining directly on part of the plant. The plant is still growing and new leaves are coming in. I’m not an expert at this so if you have any advice please let me know!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
These do not like alot of water. Yellowing is an indication of 2 much watering. Looks like your pot doesn't have a drain hole does it? If no drain hole, it is easy to keep giving it water when the bottom roots are wet, and no drain hole allowing excess water to drain or dry out. I would for now, aerate the soil. Get a skewer or something and poke a few holes in there to allow moisture to escape.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Cheese Plant (Monstera Deliciosa) Indoor Care Guide​

Swiss Cheese Plant (Monstera deliciosa) is an epiphytic tropical vine with large, distinctive leaves. The leaves are green and heart-shaped, with deep furrows running along their length. The plant produces edible fruits that smell like a combination of pineapples and bananas. Although the vines can climb as high as 20 feet, 8 to 12 feet is their limit when grown indoors. It is native to regions of Mexico and Panama.

Ask a Question