Help! Shocked monstera adansonii??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey there! I’m new to the forum, but intro’s later because I need help. I live in Texas and we recently had a winter freeze, my house lost power for 65+ hours and it got down to 40 degrees in here!! I keep my monstera adansonii inside and it’s been doing GREAT until this freeze. Now the leaves are starting to turn black. I’ve already cut off 2 of the worst leaves but it seems to keep turning. I am so sad because this is my favorite :( I’m not sure what to do or how to help her. She’s just a baby any advice is much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 101
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Looks like it got frosted. The roots look good, but I have had them die back in shipping through the cold. Adamii are very tough and prolific growers. If the air roots continue to look a healthy white color you can snip the stems below the node and place in water to root. This can help make for a fuller plant later and I have had to use this method to rescue plants that wanted to succumb to shipping shock. I now have several cuttings in a glass of water in the kitchen window. Good luck, and be sure to underwater the plant. Although they thrive as starts in water as plants they hate being over watered.

Ask a Question