Mexican jumping spider

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This little guy has been helping me wipe out fungus gnats in the plant room for 3 months now !

Attachments

• IMG_8434.jpeg
    IMG_8434.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8433.jpeg
    IMG_8433.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lol! I find that too. They are probably the only spider I would call cute lol
Me too. I respect what they do and how they help in the garden but I’m normally not a fan of them coming into the house but these guys are kinda cute lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There are many kinds of jumping spiders. The guy in the picture's name is Bold Jumping Spider. I have quite of few living in my garden. They are fearless and will attack insects many times bigger than they are

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There are many kinds of jumping spiders. The guy in the picture's name is Bold Jumping Spider. I have quite of few living in my garden. They are fearless and will attack insects many times bigger than they are
He’s bold alright. He stood up and was ready to spring at my phone when I took his picture :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are a nope for me lol
I’ll curl up into the fetal position now. :LOL:
Did you know that a female tarantula lives between 20 and 30 years and that the poor male in the picture only lives about 6-8 years? Tarantulas are common here but one doesn't see a female very often. And how do you tell the difference one may ask? Very simple, the females are at least twice as big, as large as a mans outstretched hand. Tarantula season is when the males leave their burrows and go looking for a female. Once, I guess it was 60 years ago I was driving home and I came across a "mass migration?" of tarantulas on the highway. It was about a mile long and with an unknown width, literally 1000's and 1000's of them. I had to take the car to the carwash to get all of the spider goop out from underneath it. It was like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Did you know that a female tarantula lives between 20 and 30 years and that the poor male in the picture only lives about 6-8 years? Tarantulas are common here but one doesn't see a female very often. And how do you tell the difference one may ask? Very simple, the females are at least twice as big, as large as a mans outstretched hand. Tarantula season is when the males leave their burrows and go looking for a female. Once, I guess it was 60 years ago I was driving home and I came across a "mass migration?" of tarantulas on the highway. It was about a mile long and with an unknown width, literally 1000's and 1000's of them. I had to take the car to the carwash to get all of the spider goop out from underneath it. It was like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie.
I'm a horror movie fan so the first thing I would have thought was what happens if I get a flat or the car breaks down in the middle of it? Then I would have turned around and drove the long way home lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’d be nope nope noping all the way home lol
Poor males though. This seems to be true for many species. Us females just drive you men into an early grave ! Lol

Ask a Question