Mango Seedling leaves Curl

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Being disappointed and discouraged is part of being a gardener. I felt that way myself the other day, but then there are always signs of encouragement that keep us going.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I thought you were going to use Copper based fungicide,(n) Btw now stem looks like its burnt (excess soap or soda has burning effect on plant).:eek:

I thought you have sprayed only on the affected leafs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
I thought you were going to use Copper based fungicide,(n) Btw now stem looks like its burnt (excess soap or soda has burning effect on plant).:eek:

I thought you have sprayed only on the affected leafs.

I changed my mind,I decided to start with this. A mixture of 5ml Organic neem oil (PINKSUN) contains 1000+ ppm of azadirachtin,10ml of Horticultural gentle liquid sope (PINKSUN),5mg of baking powder to 1 liter of water. Go to google see these products there's no way that these are burned by this mix. 2 thing I guess it is a bacterial infection I noticed on the leaves small dots which are lifted I'll take a photo if you're interested i have old pictures with high magnification of infection.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
Old pictures of infection.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 197
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
New symptoms dots are raised.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 224
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
THIS IS WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO MY MANGO TREE!!! What does it look like now? Have you found a solution?
https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/emergency-whats-wrong-with-my-mango.10762/#post-96670
Here is my post. About 10 days later the leaves went completely brown so I cut them off. There are no leaves et but the stalk is still very green.
Please tell me what you did it fix this, or if you couldn't find a solution, I really need help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
THIS IS WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO MY MANGO TREE!!! What does it look like now? Have you found a solution?
https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/emergency-whats-wrong-with-my-mango.10762/#post-96670
Here is my post. About 10 days later the leaves went completely brown so I cut them off. There are no leaves et but the stalk is still very green.
Please tell me what you did it fix this, or if you couldn't find a solution, I really need help.

Hi My plant is long over but I will try again,As to the problem 2 things can be.Physiological disorder called Oedema-Oedema occurs due to excess water retention in the tissues-,or Anthracnose, a fungal disease.When I threw my plants the soil was full of water i watered the plant when i noticed that are 2-3 cm of the top soil dry but my soil had a large amount of perlite so I guess that's why in my case but I'm not sure 100% when did you last watered plant? check if the soil has a large amount of water?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Yep. Why? Is it possible that the seeds are infected with something?
No
The mango you had was probably 'Alfonso'. It is a very weak cultivator. In orchards, it usually grafted on top of wild mango or one of the more sturdier mango.
Second thing is, mango thrives in full sun. It also gets big and is a nutrient hog! I am skeptical about how it will do in your area......
If you still wanna give it a shot, try getting seeds of mango varieties like 'langda', 'sindoori', 'totapuri', 'chausa' etc. These are Hardy varieties with more fiberous (and even more flavourful) fruit , used as root stock, especially langda.......!!
Or get a grafted plant if you can.
Btw, don't overwater..... Mango can tolerate brief periods of drought.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
No
The mango you had was probably 'Alfonso'. It is a very weak cultivator. In orchards, it usually grafted on top of wild mango or one of the more sturdier mango.
Second thing is, mango thrives in full sun. It also gets big and is a nutrient hog! I am skeptical about how it will do in your area......
If you still wanna give it a shot, try getting seeds of mango varieties like 'langda', 'sindoori', 'totapuri', 'chausa' etc. These are Hardy varieties with more fiberous (and even more flavourful) fruit , used as root stock, especially langda.......!!
Or get a grafted plant if you can.
Btw, don't overwater..... Mango can tolerate brief periods of drought.

wow,thanks for the advice This information means a lot to me I'll try to
purchase the seeds online,and not buy them in the supermarket XD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yep. Why? Is it possible that the seeds are infected with something?
Did everything turn brown? All of my leaves turned brown and dry, the stem didn't though. I didn't really notice any fungal spots so I didn't assume it was a disease, besides I sprayed it with a pesticide mixture once a week. I just cut off the leaves.

Ask a Question