Mango Seedling leaves Curl

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
Greetings to everyone the first time that I plant a mango but I'm not sure is this normal,If anyone can explain to me what the problem is i would be very grateful.
IMG-2.jpg

IMG-1.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Being as how a mango is a tropical plant and you are in Germany I would say lack of sunlight. Even in south Texas growing a mango indoors is about impossible

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I agree with Chuck, when mangos start out, it is their attention to grow huge with lots of natural light and warmth and i don't think they will be happy in Germany. You may prove me wrong...i hope so, but i can't be encouraging.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8a
Country
Germany
See those little white fuzzy things in the picture? That is scale insects. Spray with Neem Oiil
little white fuzzy things are a mixture of soap baking powder and water I sprayed the day before the image. I thought it was Colletotrichum gleosporioides I found on the Internet to make fungicidal spray (soap baking powder and water)
I'm not sure if I'm right so I asked for an 2 opinion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
little white fuzzy things are a mixture of soap baking powder and water I sprayed the day before the image. I thought it was Colletotrichum gleosporioides I found on the Internet to make fungicidal spray (soap baking powder and water)
I'm not sure if I'm right so I asked for an 2 opinion
It is not antracnose or C g. It is an insect of some sort and the damage looks like scale and those white fuzzy things look like scale

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Insect damage does not show up immediately. Sometimes it will take 3 or 4 days. Spray again with Neem as the insects lay eggs in the soil, hatch and climb up the plant.

Ask a Question