EMERGENCY: What's wrong with my mango?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've made post about my Mango before but nobody has yet to give me a good solution on how I can help it. Could it be root rot? I figured it was the winter cold but it was indoors, I recently put it outside so it can get more heat because spring is almost here but I think it's getting worse. The roots look kind of black to me. Im going to be reporting all plants soon with brand new fresh soil.

Also just a quick question, when is it wise to water your plants? Should I do it when it wilts or should I do it when the 3-4 inches of soil is dry?

IMG_20170308_162304.jpg
IMG_20170308_162248.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Should I do it when it wilts or should I do it when the 3-4 inches of soil is dry?

The latter. Other than that I'm not familiar with growing mango plants, but hopefully someone here can help :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Here in my place leaf wilt even if the soil is wet, in summer. Plant can't draw that much of water what is lost in transpiration, so it wilt in high noon and revive at sunset. If I forget to water, then the leaves will be scorched on the next day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Did you know unseasoned and untreated compost can be health hazard as well as dangerous for plant, spreading diseases, fungi and pests?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
If three to four inches are dry it needs watering. The pot should feel like it has a little wait to it. From the look of your pot it is not much more than six inches deep. You should be able to feel moisture now in the soil just beneath surface.....Just thinking out loud and how id treat it if it was mine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean by the latter?

When someone gives two options, the in response someone can say 'the former' to indicate the first option, and 'the latter' to indicate the second option.

So when you asked "Should I do it when it wilts or should I do it when the 3-4 inches of soil is dry?" then 'the latter' is "when the 3-4 inches of soil is dry"

:)

Ask a Question