Lily Dale New York

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I have been looking all over for a gardening forum that has a picture gallery. I like to tend my own garden but love nothing better then to go and visit other peoples gardens. ideas and inspiration just flows This year I took a trip to Lily Dale New York, it is a community off of a lake that houses psychics readers, my sister invited me and I almost said no till she reminded me they are well known for their gardens in that community. I was not disappointed to say the least, so many wonderful examples of very creative things that you can do. Not sure why but I can't sem to upload my picture :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello Mockingbird!:) I'd love to see your pictures! I'm sure they're very pretty and interesting.
Maybe you can't upload them because they're too big? Try to resize them, it might help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Hi Claudine, yes I really would love to share these pictures, the gardens were that special. There was one property that had actual Black petunias hey were absolutely breath taking, I have never seen anything like that before. I looked around the site to see if there were limitations on file size and either I missed it or there is no information. I was wondering if it was because the file type is JPG? Maybe you know? Another possibility is because I am so new maybe I simply am not allowed to upload stuff yet. Anyway taking pictures of flowers and stuff like that is one of my obsessions and since the kids don't want to see them anymore I am glad that I found a place where I could share them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can upload JPG files, so I don't think that's the problem. You should contact Zigs, I'm sure he will be able to help you:) Do you get any error messages when you try to attach your photos? Tell me step by step how you do it, maybe we will figure it out together:)

Reaction score
OP what happens when you click the little photo icon to insert a photo in your post? Do you get an error message? I have no trouble uploading jpegs so it's not the photo type that's the problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I am not to sure what the issue is. The pictures are on my local drive, they are jpegs in format, I drop and drag to the forum window and they look like they are loading but never do, eventually they error. I see no size of color density restrictions.

I think what I am going to try is after I get the pictures from the botanical gardens this week, I will move them up to a cloud and try to post them that way. I have posted other pictures from my local drive on the forum so I am thinking maybe something went weird when I downloaded them from the camera? It was one of the few times the battery was very low. I suspect that the entire slide show might be trying to load. I tried the obvious of making a copy of the picture and renaming it, but that didn't work either. weird

Reaction score
Hello there! If you are having troubles with posting pictures here, I recommend you to create an album on Facebook. You can just click on the image you want to share there, select ''copy location'' and then just paste it here! That's it! I use Facebook because there is no limit in the amount of albums I can keep ;)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to travel to other areas and look at the gardens also. Waiting to see your pictures.

Ask a Question