What is this on my peace lily leaves?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I noticed that my lily is developing something like scars along the center line of its leaves, on the back side the leaves look perfectly fine. I would appreciate any advice regarding what it is and what to do.
lily.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :) That's odd, could you tell us a bit more about it? For example, is this something that the leaf grew with or did it just suddenly develop, is it part of the leaf or just sat on the surface, etc.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It cannot be scraped off, so it's not part of the leaf. Young leaves seem to remain unaffected, as well as half (so far) of older leaved. Hard to tell how suddenly it happened, I bought the lily in good shape (as usual, ha-ha) maybe three months ago and I'm pretty sure it didn't have these things back then. I thought it could be sunburn, but the leaves on the shade side have it too, so...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-ish
Country
United States
Could it be some sort of leaf miner? Was the plant outdoors or in a greenhouse at all?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
After a brief research I would say it cannot be leaf miner since it leaves a specific trace on leaves. As to a greenhouse, it probably was before I bought it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-ish
Country
United States
I don't understand . . .isn't that a "specific trace" on the leaves? There are various patterns leaf minors can leave and the mid-rib is a favorite of theirs. Different color in the photo, but it gives you an idea of what I'm thinking. Hope you get it figured out.

Attachments

• leaf miner.jpg
    leaf miner.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks ShannonL. By "specific" I meant "distinctive", because I thought leaf miner trace looks too different from what I have. Also, I inspected the plant and soil (where I could reach it) a few times and didn't find any insect.

Do you think this could be related to too much sunlight? The plant is located near a window, but only one side of it is exposed to 1-2 hours of morning sun, it's not too hot there. Besides, the shade side of the lily has these traces too.

Ask a Question