Lawn died, grass in the backyard too, plants, flowers, bushes died. What to do?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We had a thriving and beautiful garden and lawn suddenly it all died, the grass is now yellow, lots of empty soil instead and empty soil spots between dead grass, plants died, flowers, flowers on bushes and trees too. I tried to pull this grass and some doesnt pull and lots does, it crumbles in my hand. It was also all overpowered by very tall weeds, these all I pulled out. What should we do, how to bring the lawn and the garden to life. Would appreciate your advice. Feel to be honest heart broken about that, we were so happy about how beautiful it was and enjoyed our time there. Neighbour lawn across the fence is green and fine. Cant attach inages for some reason unfortunately

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think we need much more information before we can try to work out an answer to this question.
Can you say what weather conditions you've had, and how much attention and water you give your plants?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your pictures do not come up but if EVERYTHING died, trees and all with the exception of a particular weed, then I must suspect herbicide poisoning. With your pictures do not use postings.cc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to agree with Chuck, especially as your neighbour is not affected. Nature does not respect our boundaries, that really sounds like a malicious human has been at work, have you fallen out with anyone? I would suggest involving your local law enforcement, just seeing them attend might well put anyone off causing any further damage
The good news is that if that is the case it is likely to be a systemic herbicide which will break down in contact with the ground rather than a poison which affects the ground itself. As you start renewing the garden it might be worth installing a surveillance camera so anyone intent on further damage can see they will be recorded.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have to agree with Chuck, especially as your neighbour is not affected. Nature does not respect our boundaries, that really sounds like a malicious human has been at work, have you fallen out with anyone? I would suggest involving your local law enforcement, just seeing them attend might well put anyone off causing any further damage
The good news is that if that is the case it is likely to be a systemic herbicide which will break down in contact with the ground rather than a poison which affects the ground itself. As you start renewing the garden it might be worth installing a surveillance camera so anyone intent on further damage can see they will be recorded.
Everytime I remove something dead or damaged in our backyard or driveway something else dies and get damaged. You made a very good point. I am going through severe harassment by law enforcement and I cant report that to police. I too think it is being done by someone and there is no way to save the garden , I think the camera will get damaged too if installed. Everytime I share on the phone or in person I love something what Ive done in the backyard it gets destroyed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Perhaps you should talk to the RCMP about the harassment from local law and your property being destroyed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be so tempted to build something for them to destroy that would blow up in their face when they did so, possibly soaking them in something really nasty.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Perhaps you should talk to the RCMP about the harassment from local law and your property being destroyed.
No chance that will work and I dont have any video recording of who has done that, it just after posting here I put two and two together, indeed this never happened before everything dies no matter how healthy it was and no matter what I do to save it. Neighbours backyards across the fence look the same as ours was before.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As of today deck damage occured and sidewalk due to some moss intense green that was not there, and house had splashes of white paint all over and grey splashes and just saw damage to the gate. All the plants and shrubs and tree leaves gave holes in them and chewed, some still hanging in but everyone has damage. The strangest thing the trees that are facing our house are dried and have bare branches now , lawns even after rained have holes with dead grass and bare soil. One thriving shrub died and another after I removed dead branches turned yellow and dead. Ferns died and snapped, poppy snapped, lots if mildew and moss in the backyard, patio and side walk, that were completely fine a short while ago. I assume after posting this there will be even more devastation. The property definitely loosing its value by the day.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to install some inexpensive trail cameras on your properties. I use them to see and catch wild animals. Here are some photos of mine as an example. It works with night vision and can see in the dark. You can get one or a 4 pack if you think someone will mess with one.

IMAG0001.JPG

IMAG0029.JPG

IMAG0035.JPG

IMAG0084.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Went to Harbor Freight and got 9 Cameras and neighbors have another dozen.

I like the fact I can check my Cameras on my phone thousands of miles away.

big rockpile
House has extreme loud sound inside when central ac is on that never sounded like that its like nonstop bombing and unexplained loud sounds inside were I am. Changes happen when noone is home and the house is locked, obviously someone has access to the house and of course the property, on youtube been bombarded with videos about ugly house, the house patio has damage and rot suddenly, sidewalk turned dark green, the walls splattered with some white splatter. Real damage occured to the beautiful house and the property fungus, grubs damage. Just to update you. And I am myself being severely abused in unspeakable ways by this law enforcement in Waterloo Ontario using surviliance technology. Trees around the property dying and branches dead show. I wonder if this can be done by radiation using some technology, how can trees die like that and only around our property.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone is there regular and they need to be stopped.

I put Cameras up when Meth Heads walked in and stole my Pain Medication.

Funny I have a Cop next door but it hasn't stopped things.

Oh first thing you think move away from people. When we had our Farm it took 4WD just to get there.

Guy I had working for me knew we would be at Church. So he walks through the woods. Goes to steal all my Firearms. My Dog went to follow him so he put her in the house.

I didn't have the serial numbers so the Law couldn't do anything. I told the kid what I thought of it. Yes he is a Druggy and has been in Prison but down deep he is a good guy he has been falling over being nice to me.

No you have really POed somebody and it will get much worse. Been there done that.

big rockpile

Ask a Question