New lawn help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello folks. We live in AK and building a new home. And have 2,400 sq/ft of new lawn to plant. Sun all day.
What I have now is a pure quality dirt and sand mix. Pretty inert. We raise meat rabbits so we have access to 10 yards of compost. I plan on mulching the compost that has hay in it, it retains all the urine.
I do have a gradual slope for good drainage.
I need a new ph tester any recommendations ?
Thank you folks ! I'm a new guy here but have been drawn to the smell of fresh dirt every spring since 1965. And just wanted to say thanks for your help so far. Even if it's reading old threads I continue to always learn

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking about mulching and then casting on the dirt. We are going to have our new lawn hydroseeded. And we are building new raised beds, 4x8x2' tall. Bunch of peonies to plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you are going to have new lawn hydroseeding then the contractors selling the seed will know what's best. I think that is the best way to get a lawn growing fast. Post a before and after photo so we can see what you are talking about. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question