United States
Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 6.32.57 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 6.33.10 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know but the first thing I'd check would be the soils pH other than seeing if the soil is dry as a bone.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like excess phosphorus poisoning. Someone has killed all the microbe in the soil from over-fertilizing over the past 5 years. Your soil is toxic so to speak when it comes to having a natural cycle of healthy growth. I would take soil samples and have them tested for the best fix. They will give you recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United States
However, I bet you go and buy some more fertilization and spread it again thinking it will fix it like medicine. Wrong that's your problme.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all - don't panic. Your grass might not be dead, it may just be dormant. Maybe it is stressed, and we need to find the reason.
How long has the area been grass - is it only recently sown? What was the weather like where you are during the last winter? How much rain have you had this spring - say in the past two months?
When you cut it, how low do you have the blades on your mower?
Maybe with a few more clues, we can work out what's going on.....better than just guessing :)

Ask a Question