What is wrong with my tomato plants??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone help! My tomato plants are slowly turning brown and crispy, then the whole stem, then the down falls off…still producing tomatoes, but I have a feeling it’ll reach the end of the plant soon. I’ve treated with copper fungicide, which might or might not work anyone have an idea what this might be?
177607C2-3E3D-468D-8EC7-87EDEDDF6540.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Early Blight. Your plant is in an advanced state and not much can be done at this point except to remove any yellowing limbs. Early Blight is mainly treated with prevention and this starts with removing all lower limbs to a height of about 1 foot, adding mulch around the base of the plant and preventative spraying with copper or Neem. All this is done before the plant sets fruit or shortly thereafter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like blight but might not be. I staked my tomato plants for 35 years they never had blight. Then I used tomato cages for 10 years and had blight every year. Now I stake tomatoes again and NO blight???. Tomatoes plants laying on the soil get blight too. Raised bed are a problem too. My 6 plants are doing good this year. Once plants produce tomatoes in a certain location leaves die in that location they need to be cut off. Plants laying on the soil growing every which way it is had to tell what to cut off in a tangled mess of plants.

100_5685.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I must know... What are the spoons for? :)

I planted several broccoli seeds there best way to know exact location is spoon on each corner and 1 spoon with the word Beoccoli. I think I planted 12 seeds so far 7 seeds germinated. Maybe 1 more week plants will be large enough to transplant to a row with cauliflower & cabbage. .

Reaction score
Country
China
And it is necessary to cut off the diseased leaves in time and spray fungicides on them. Usually, the disease will be alleviated after spraying 3-4 times.

Reaction score
Country
United States
4 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 gallon of water has been working good for me for years to kill fungus. Cut off all bad leaves before spraying..

Ask a Question