United States
My neighbor is 90.

IMG_20190412_115838.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wow 90 that is something. No way anyone is going to top that one. Photo of the month it gets my vote.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Lady on TV news having a 100th birthday party was milking a cow like she did as a youngster.
Spry old lady for sure.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
In 1883 my grandfather was 16yrs old. This was the year that he left the family farm in Southern Manitoba to homestead on his own. All granddad had was a team of horses, a milk cow and seed. That first winter he drank and ate nothing but milk and turnips. He lived to 101yrs so I have a couple of memories of him, only of our Sunday visits to his bedside at the nursing home.
After eating only turnips for a winter, one would think he would have began hating that veggie but no, grandad wanted his turnips at every family gathering.
Dad and grandad had two large farms to operate and they were about 100 miles apart so twice a year all the machinery was moved back and forth between the farms. Mom didn't know what she was in for when she married dad. lol
One fall mom got stuck riding shotgun with grandpa returning to the farm here at Calgary. Once in the yard grandma was on the porch to greet everybody and was confronted by mom flying out of granddad's truck and running at my grandma screaming, "Don't you ever make me ride with that old man again, he's gonna kill me!
Granddad always drove his vehicles like he had just stolen them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Seems some have wondered away for my orginal thought about April being here and the season switching in the north any way to a nice spring, time to wander in the fields and woods gathering etabiles and such.

Now some have gotten to talking about fall alread. the fall time of peoples lives it seems.
Yes I was the fool who contrubited to that also.
Who is a friend or related to the oldest person in the world still alive and not on life support?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
So true and you also brought up the 1880s and some fantasy creature that was sighted. Well I actually knew a creature who was homesteading in the 1880's.
Yes it is now April, funny as heck how that happens every year Mr. twister.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
And I sit here watching radar with a 70% chance of tornados within 50 miles of me, reading posts and listening to thunder. I am reminded of my Grandfather, a depression baby, in response to a decision question I was asking as a 14 year old, responding "Do what you need to do today".

Ask a Question