Asparagus bed..... April 28.....2nd year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For years I had wanted to put in an asparagus bed, but all the guidelines for planting one (dig trench like this, mound bottom like this, spread roots JUST like this, this distance, that depth.....yada, yada, yada....) just didn't seem worth the "risk" of success.....Then I remembered Ruth Stout's "NO- WORK GARDEN BOOK" philosophy ........went for it (like a neanderthal gardener) and this is what happened. Apparently, the roots that I planted had never read "The way to plant an asparagus bed".
20180428_073423.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have an asparagas bed about half that size and I believe that this year I will be able to enjoy eating them. My husband hates them so they're all mine, all mine!

I have 8 more seedlongs to add because I saved tne seeds from last year and started them in January.

Enjoy !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
David, from the picture it looks like your asparagus is doing great but you waited way too long to harvest. Now just let it go to seed and you will probably have an award winning crop next spring.
Thanks......it's been hard waiting for the third year growth to start harvesting, for sure....but it's FINALLY coming around the bend.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
David: I thought your were growing bamboos:eek::LOL::eek::LOL::oops::LOL:! LOL!

I wish the latest threads section were a bit longer, I nearly missed this funny thread!

Ask a Question