Is there anything wrong with my young pear tree?

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Just remember that sulfur lowers Ph. Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate) can really do wonders, but I can't guarantee it in this circumstance. My best advice is to let the tree do its thing. Just keep it watered correctly and see what happens. And throw that 20-20-20 in the garbage and go get some manure of some kind.
Here are two photos of the base of my tree. As I mentioned before, it seems that the root flare has been covered with the soil, though the graft union is well above the ground. Moreover, as you can see, on one side of the trunk there are two relatively big wounds which I suppose were inflicted on the rootstock in the nursery when they wanted to pull the tree out of the ground. Should I be worried about these wounds too?

Attachments

• IMG_4676.JPG
    IMG_4676.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4679.JPG
    IMG_4679.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 147
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here are two photos of the base of my tree. As I mentioned before, it seems that the root flare has been covered with the soil, though the graft union is well above the ground. Moreover, as you can see, on one side of the trunk there are two relatively big wounds which I suppose were inflicted on the rootstock in the nursery when they wanted to pull the tree out of the ground. Should I be worried about these wounds too?
It is buried too deep. Remove enough soil to see the top of the large roots. Those wounds are old and closed. As a factor in your tree today it is possible as those wounds had to have stressed a young tree but the wound themselves is nothing to worry about now.

Reaction score
Country
It is buried too deep. Remove enough soil to see the top of the large roots. Those wounds are old and closed. As a factor in your tree today it is possible as those wounds had to have stressed a young tree but the wound themselves is nothing to worry about now.
OK, thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Berat, I check the pictures of your plant. To tackle this situation, I suggest you use humic acid ( 3 grams of humic acid in 2 liters of water on the soil). It will help your plant to recover from the current situation, and in case if you face this kind of issues ever then stuck with this formula (you can change the humic acid quantity accordingly)

Reaction score
Country
Berat, I check the pictures of your plant. To tackle this situation, I suggest you use humic acid ( 3 grams of humic acid in 2 liters of water on the soil). It will help your plant to recover from the current situation, and in case if you face this kind of issues ever then stuck with this formula (you can change the humic acid quantity accordingly)
Thanks. I started this thread almost one year ago and all of the photos were taken last year. This year the tree is doing much better and its leaves are not curly anymore. Over this spring, so far, I have fertilized the tree a couple of times with different types of fertilizers, including scattering about 20 grams of slow-release 20-10-10 fertilizer around the tree, watering the tree with 4 grams of humic acid, applying 10 grams of 20-20-20 fertilizer as a soil drench, adding a half cup of Epsom salt and a few handfuls of vermicompost to the soil around the tree, using around 5 grams of high phosphorous fertilizer as a soil drench, and foliar feeding the tree with a micronutrient fertilizer. Here is a photo of the tree in its current state:

Attachments

• IMG_7191.jpg
    IMG_7191.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 42

Ask a Question