Is this anything to be worried about?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have recently purchased this Carolina Reaper plant a couple days ago. Up until yesterday i noticed that on several of the leaves near the petiole, the veins are starting to turn brown. The brown is only on the top of the leaves and is not mushy. The rest of the plant appears to be healthy, but seeing that I am very new to gardening (especially peppers), I didn't know if this was an early sign of anything serious. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

IMG_0198.jpgIMG_0199.jpgIMG_0200.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't think you should worry AT THIS TIME. This could be from a change in enviornment, sunscald, fertilization issue, watering. Just keep a close eye on the plant and let us know if it gets worse or any changes. Is this only on the old growth?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn’t worry yet, sometimes plants do weird things when there are changes around them, with the weird storms, barometric pressure, and weirdly fluctuating temperatures its probably just adjusting. If it is still putting off new growth and seems otherwise healthy I would expect it to figure itself out soon.

Ask a Question