Is my beloved tree dead?

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the back of my yard, I have a beautiful small tree with pink flowers. Actually, I had such a tree yesterday. My nephew has anger issues and today when I went outside I found my beautiful tree as seen in the picture below. I am heartbroken. All of the flowing branches with pink flowers are gone. My question is whether the tree will die without the branches or if there is something I can do to stop it from dying. I know nothing about trees and I would appreciate any information anyone can give about this horrific situation.

Thank you.

0522211656.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cheer up, your tree wants to live, and it will !!! Whilst it works hard to get better, why don`t you clear the area around it and grow some more plants to keep it company..... maybe some hardy perennials.
1621777941998.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Chuck and @Tetters - Thank you so much for your uplifting posts. The dead debris is the dead limbs from the tree. I am getting a late start to the lawn this year, but just bought a new lawn mower and plan on clearing the area. Along the fence line on the right, I plan on planting native plants that will help the numerous bumble bees I have in my yard. I actually have a nest behind the gutter on my second story deck and we love sitting on the deck while those beautiful animals fly around.

With my nephew so viciously chopping the branches and there being no leaves left, I do not understand how the tree could survive. Are both of you sure that it will survive? It would really be a heavy weight off knowing I would once again get to see my tree get its color back. Thanks again for the responses. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Absolutely it will survive. It will start to send out leaf buds probably within 2 weeks and these little buds will turn into little branches. Once it leafs out fertilize it with some good organic fertilizer. Do not let the tree's soil dry out but don't saturate the soil either.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

I cut a tree down to the ground and put a metal bucket on top with a concrete slab on top of that 2 years ago. It's still trying to grow :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Absolutely it will survive. It will start to send out leaf buds probably within 2 weeks and these little buds will turn into little branches. Once it leafs out fertilize it with some good organic fertilizer. Do not let the tree's soil dry out but don't saturate the soil either.
I will absolutely do that and will update this thread with pictures as the tree progresses. Thank, everyone!

Ask a Question