Is It Possible To Grow Miniature Roses Indoors In Flower Pots?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never thought of growing roses indoors.. This is interesting and something I will be trying. I will have to use a grow light as I do not have a window that has direct sunlight long enough for the plant to grow well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Novelangel, in my opinion Rose sawflies can cause considerable damage to roses, including Knockouts. It is important to be aware of this little critter and take corrective action.
Rose sawfly adults look like a tiny fly and are rarely noticeable in the landscape. However, when their eggs hatch on the underside of your rose leaves as larvae, they are easily identified. Look for several green, small, usually a half inch in length, caterpillars on the underside of leaves where damage is seen. Some people have described their look similar to a tiny green slug which gives them the common name of Rose Slug.

Control:

Start by removing the leaves where damage is found. These larvae cannot travel far, so removing infected leaves from the area is sufficient. Next, use a forceful spray from a garden hose to knock off any remaining rose slugs. Be sure to get the undersides of the leaves thoroughly.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My aunt had those, one in each pot inside her house. It was definitely pretty, but if you took one it would be obvious since it's the only one in the entire pot. I got in trouble for it one time because we needed to get a plant for a lesson and I just took one without asking her permission. Oh well, I'm rambling again. To answer your question, yes, as long as they still get water and sunlight, these small flowers are really easy to manage.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
my moms rose bush got a new rose but it died a week later and now it looks as though there are new leaves and branches growing so maybe it will work out. it is so hard to grow roses here in the tropics but I was amazed that it bloomed. I got the plant at woolworths and their air conditioning is cold which perhaps is why the flowers die when they get home they have been used to the air in the store

Ask a Question