Is growing Carnations indoors possible?

Reaction score
I really would like to grow carnations in my house. I know this sounds a little crazy, but I just thought I would ask opinions on how to possibly do this and how to keep them flowering? Would I need to get special lighting? Any ideas?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is possible to grow carnations indoors this information may help get you started growing your carnations in a container. Pot carnations (Dianthus caryophyllus) grow well in indoor conditions and prefer temperatures between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit, well-draining potting soil, bright light and good air circulation. The flowers are typically 10 to 12 inches tall, while the heads are about 1 inch in diameter and should be deadheaded once the bloom is gone..

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I really would like to grow carnations in my house. I know this sounds a little crazy, but I just thought I would ask opinions on how to possibly do this and how to keep them flowering? Would I need to get special lighting? Any ideas?
Wow that is a beautiful flower and I would love to grow them at home. We can't grow anything here in the flower department except for Jasmine and hibiscus. They are beautiful and I havent found seeds here for carnations.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great thread, I'm interested to know as well because it sounds challenging but if it's possible it might be a challenge I'm up for. Good to know either way :).

Ask a Question