Introduced Indoor Light-> Yellowing Leaves?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I only have one window in my room and it's east facing, but I was worried with the angle of my building that my plants were only receiving full sun for 4 hours a day (8am-12). I introduced a grow light in my room and now the leaves are yellowing. Is this sunburn? I made the mistake of setting the timer on for 7 hours a day, should I drop it down to 1 hour and then increase gradually?

Plants: Easter lily, Rosemary, aloe variety (not sure what specific kind)

As far as their containers, each of them have an inch of pebbles at the bottom and have custom soil mixes of soil, spaghnum moss, perlite, and sand to allow for well draining or standard soil.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 262

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
easter lily is a bulb and will naturally die back and go back to dormancy ... so it's natural to see it die back...
the aloe might be getting too much water? It's hard to tell by the photo .... and the rosemary needs to go outside and be pruned and watered. ...

Don't water with tap water that's treated... fluoride is poisonous to our plants, especially houseplants. I filter my plant water through a Brita and store it under my sink with holes in the cap of the container... this allows more chemicals to leave the water and also my water is at room temp by the time I give it to my plants. You can also collect rain water.

Ask a Question