Impressive Benefits of Broccoli!

Reaction score
Broccoli is a vegetable that i rarely purchase when i visit the market and just the other day one of my close friend was discussing the nutritional values and benefits derived from eating broccoli. Broccoli contains phytonutrients which helps in lowering the risk of heart disease and some type of cancers; it is also a rich source of vitamin A,C and Iron.

With all of this newly found knowledge it is a must that my family will be consuming more broccoli.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm happy to hear it:) I eat broccoli almost every day. I cook it and add it to all pasta sauces and pizzas. One of my favorite dishes is buckwheat with broccoli and butter. It's very easy to prepare and really yummy:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I'm happy to hear it:) I eat broccoli almost every day. I cook it and add it to all pasta sauces and pizzas. One of my favorite dishes is buckwheat with broccoli and butter. It's very easy to prepare and really yummy:)
Claudine, I'm too busy eating tomato sandwiches just now for broccoli.
I'd forgotten how good they tasted, and you made them sound so good.
Now I'm hooked.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. I like to steam mine and add some cheese and rice, very good. Broccoli steamed with sesame seed oil is very good also,

Reaction score
Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. I like to steam mine and add some cheese and rice, very good. Broccoli steamed with sesame seed oil is very good also,

Pat it sounds like a tasty dish with the cheese added; i will be trying this out and i am hoping my kids will love as they are great cheese lovers.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all that info! I had heard broccoli was excellent for our health, specially good to prevent colon cancer! I'll really try to include broccoli in our diet, maybe I should start cooking my own steamed vegetables, instead of getting the frozen ones that aren't as appealing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thanks for sharing all that info! I had heard broccoli was excellent for our health, specially good to prevent colon cancer! I'll really try to include broccoli in our diet, maybe I should start cooking my own steamed vegetables, instead of getting the frozen ones that aren't as appealing.
Actually, I think that frozen broccoli can be pretty good too. I heard that they're as healthy as fresh ones:) I buy a lot of them during winter and I cook them in boiling water.
I always have broccoli in my freezer:D

Reaction score
Actually, I think that frozen broccoli can be pretty good too. I heard that they're as healthy as fresh ones:) I buy a lot of them during winter and I cook them in boiling water.
I always have broccoli in my freezer:D

Awesome, I read the same too! But for some reason I don't quite like he flavour of frozen veggies, not as much as I enjoy fresh ones. I bought a bag with several veggies, incluiding broccoli and mushrooms, the mushrooms were kinda soggy :( How can you avoid that? Some of those veggies seem to absorb a lot water as well, not a problem with carrots tho ;) I like them to be juicy :LOL:

Reaction score
I eat broccoli on a regular basis. They say that it is best to steam it because if you boil it, you are cooking out all of the nutrients.

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed eating broccoli at dinner time or just for a snack. There are many ways of eating broccoli and it's a perfect way to get your daily intake of vegetables. You can make a broccoli, mushroom, and cheese omelet for breakfast as well.

Reaction score
I love eating broccoli as a side for just about anything. It's always good to hear about added health benefits! Lately I've been making a cold broccoli salad with fresh broccoli, grapes, sunflower seeds, pecans, green onions, and a touch of bacon pieces. I toss it all in some mild dressing. It's very tasty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love broccoli and it is one of my favorite veggies. I will admit that I like to eat it with cheesesauce, and this takes away some of the nutritional value. My husband only likes the stems and I only like the florets and so it works out perfect for us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
This is a very informative post. Thank you for sharing. I love brocolli not only because it is very healthy but also because it is very delicious. :) It's great steamed or cooked with beef.

Reaction score
If ever there was a vegetable that you can "over dose" on, broccoli it was for me. I ate broccoli with anything and everything. I ate so much that even a doctor told me I was eating to much of it. I'm glad I was a child then because now, I can't stand to eat it!

Ask a Question