What's your most impressive gardening feat?

Reaction score
Come on, now's not the time for being humble. I want to hear about those very real, and very impressive feats of green thumbery that you've managed to accomplish!

Did you manage to nurse a dying tomato plants back from the brink of death? Spent weeks and months trying to get that precious cutting from your friend to flourish? Or maybe your best is that you managed to not kill your first sunflower? :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I managed not to kill most of my miniature roses:cool:
Unfortunately, I feel that right now, I have nothing to brag about. And believe me, I'm not a humble person. I heven't been very successful lately. I overwatered my dearest plants:cry:

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I feel that right now, I have nothing to brag about. And believe me, I'm not a humble person. I heven't been very successful lately. I overwatered my dearest plants:cry:
Sometimes not killing something is not being able to kill something. Its not uncommon for gardeners to kill their plants with kindness by over watering. Gardening and nature are humbling at times, I have been doing it for many, many years. Don't be so hard on yourself, consider it a lesson learned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sometimes not killing something is not being able to kill something. Its not uncommon for gardeners to kill their plants with kindness by over watering. Gardening and nature are humbling at times, I have been doing it for many, many years. Don't be so hard on yourself, consider it a lesson learned.
Thank you:) I try not to think about it and move on, but I really want to hit myself when I think of my killed miniature roses. They were truly gorgeous. I overwatered my favorites:cry: Those that I've always liked a little less, are doing fine:cautious:

Reaction score
Well, I (hope!) I am in the process of bringing back to vibrancy my Japanese Maple, It was in a pot in an overly sunny area. I have now placed it in the ground in a spot where there will not be prolonged sun. So that's my gardening feat in progress.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm proud of how much I expanded my garden this year and the fact that I did 90% of it on my own. New raised beds built, added the pop up greenhouse (that I put up myself), an 8 foot long 6 foot tall arbor (I designed and built myself). Over 800 lbs of soil, compost etc I laid myself. Only help I had was my husband helping me get supplies home.. once they were there its been all me. The plants are thriving, the structures are sound.. its been a great season so far. Already looking at expansion for next season.

Reaction score
For me it would be growing a cucumber the first time I tried, it yielded a lot cucumbers, btw. I kept doing it year after year, I was just 16 years old back then, but i managed to get a lot cucumbers from each plant. I got 6 plants the first time, all from seed! I ad a very small space to work with, bu everything turned out great after all.

Reaction score
I'm proud of how much I expanded my garden this year and the fact that I did 90% of it on my own. New raised beds built, added the pop up greenhouse (that I put up myself), an 8 foot long 6 foot tall arbor (I designed and built myself). Over 800 lbs of soil, compost etc I laid myself. Only help I had was my husband helping me get supplies home.. once they were there its been all me. The plants are thriving, the structures are sound.. its been a great season so far. Already looking at expansion for next season.
You've done amazing! Very good work - I briefly looked at your website and I love what you've been doing. I'll visit again when I have more time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I really need to put up some new photos. Been too busy playing outside to play on the computer as much

Reaction score

Wow, did all of them die?? If that's the case, then let me say I'm sorry for your loss, it made me feel so sad whenever I lost any of my plants, specially my kalanchoes.

Reaction score
I don't think I have any one really impressive thing, but I hope to get to the "whole is greater than the sum of it's parts" point eventually.

Reaction score
I am growing artichokes in zone 5! What is more, artichokes like cool damp weather and they resent frost: we have hot dry summers and it was -10 Fahrenheit last winter! I protected the root by cutting the plant at ground level in the fall and covering it with a scrap of carpeting and a heap of leaves.

I ate this yea'rs first artichoke today. The heart was the size of a quarter instead of the size of a golf ball, and the next ones will be even smaller, but I STILL grew an artichoke in zone 5!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, did all of them die?? If that's the case, then let me say I'm sorry for your loss, it made me feel so sad whenever I lost any of my plants, specially my kalanchoes.
No, fortunately not all of them died. I have no idea what would I do if something like this happened, I think I'd fall into depression:( I lost five of my miniature roses. The rest of them is doing fine though. Now, I know I shouldn't water them too often, so I hope that soon they'll start looking really healthy and strong.

Reaction score
Glad to hear that! I had to give mine away not so long ago, but as soon as I settle in the new place I'll also get some :) Are you using something to help them grow bigger and more beautiful?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Glad to hear that! I had to give mine away not so long ago, but as soon as I settle in the new place I'll also get some :) Are you using something to help them grow bigger and more beautiful?
I used to fertilize them regularly, but now I don't do this, because I don't want to overwater them again. The soil in their pots needs to dry a little.
Will you grow miniature roses in your new place?:)

Ask a Question