Health benefits of common herbs we all use.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
image.jpg
We all enjoy growing and harvesting our fresh herbs to add wonderful fragrance and taste to our cooking recipes, but for hundreds of years, herbs were also used for medicinal purposes, even more so than for flavoring foods.
Here is a handy little chart showing the benefits we can enjoy from some of the most popular herbs that many of us are already growing in our garden or herb beds.

Reaction score
That's awesome. Thank you for sharing this useful list.
I grow some of these already but didn't know that they had medicinal properties.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much for this information! I am definitely saving this photo. I think I may even share it with some of my friends so that they can see which herbs benefit which organs as well! I definitely need some more black pepper in my life according to this image! Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Nice visual guide; thanks for posting.

Somewhat related is Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs. Its now for free on Google books here. :)

Reaction score
That's something very useful I fund here, I was looking for the same content as I use herbal a lot.

Specially for my pimples.

Reaction score
Great list! Thank you for sharing. I didn't know about all of that! I love being able to use herbs for healing. So much healthier than traditional medicines.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing I like that list. I knew that there were a lot of herbs we use for medicinal properties but there are some listed here that I didn't know about. I like using a lot of different herbs in my cooking but it's good to know the medicinal value as well. I will have to tell my friends about this. They would probably check it out themselves after I tell them.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the chart. It's not only very interesting, but also quite pretty:D It's something that you can print and put on your wall. I had no idea that mint can ease hiccups!

Reaction score
What a great and pretty chart. I saved the image to print out and put on my fridge to remember all the benefits. I love cooking so it is just a great thing to see things like this with some of my all time favorites. Thank you.

Reaction score
Great chart. Cinnamon is also good for stabilizing your blood sugar level as well. I did not know that thyme was connected with the respiratory muscles. Since the twins both have asthma I need to do more research on this. Thank you so much happyflowerlady!

Reaction score
Awesome! I'd also like to add that my dad has been using a mint infusion whenever he has stomach issues, and so far it has worked for him. I haven't tried it myself tho, because I prefer to use strong medications for that!

Ask a Question