Health benefits of common herbs we all use.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just about every herb or spice you use have some sort of healing or prevention property contained within them. I recently wrote an essay on this very topic and was amazed after all of the research I did. Many herbs and spices contain cancer prevention components as well as antioxidants which are good for skin health.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Awesome Jessica Alinari. I love articles like this. I grew up on herbal med's and it was not until I got on western med's that I started having issues. Natural is always better, but they make it hard for people to afford it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a great guide. Thanks! Does anyone else like to put herbs in their waters to give it flavor? I really like adding mint. I heard people put rosemary too but I haven't tried it.
I wonder what other herbs would take good in water (and would provide health benefits).

Reaction score
This is a great guide. Thanks! Does anyone else like to put herbs in their waters to give it flavor? I really like adding mint. I heard people put rosemary too but I haven't tried it.
I wonder what other herbs would take good in water (and would provide health benefits).

I do the same with mint! It gives the water a great flavor. I have never tried rosemary. For some reason that doesn't sound very good to me, but I'd be willing to try it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
At one time, about 10 years ago after the birth of our fourth child, I developed adult acne....how embarrassing! I think my hormonal balance was thrown off somewhere after delivery. It turned out to actually be a blessing in disguise because it helped me to become healthier. Due to the fact that I was trying to get rid of the acne, I began to rack up a trail of unsuccessful doctor appointments to receive a cure for the acne and it was extremely frustrating. I am a pharmacist and I evaluated the side effects of most of the pills and topicals and decided not to continue to take any of them, lest I develop sunburn or some other awful condition. Sure, my acne just may be cured but I may develop the worst ever sunburn, liver problems or other major health catastrophes just from wanting to have Great Skin!!!!

You may ask, "Where is all of this leading to?" Well...all of the prescription failures led me to investigate more natural things for my skin problem. I started reading about the great effects of basil and sage and began drinking it as a tea. Now, I just love to use it in my water, warm or room temp. I use it more when I have indigestion. I love the health benefits, and now, I can share my experience with other adults who suffer from acne.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mint is also a great herb to help detox your body. If you put it with a little lemon it helps flush out the bad stuff in your body! Don't use too much otherwise you will feel the effects instantly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow, I did not know all of that. That is just more incentive for me to get started on planting the seeds I have!

Ask a Question