The Benefits Of Turmeric

Reaction score
I grow turmeric in my herbal garden all the time. I do a lot of cooking with turmeric, especially for the flavoring and coloring of my food. Every now and then, I will take a piece of turmeric, chew it up and drink a class of water. Turmeric is said to be one of the most powerful healers in nature. It's good for fighting against infections, relieves pain in joints, and recent studies said, it can help prevent cancer.

Reaction score
This is a great post thanks for sharing it is good for you and taste great. I actually eat turmeric on a regular basis I really love it on grilled chicken.

Reaction score
This is a great post thanks for sharing it is good for you and taste great. I actually eat turmeric on a regular basis I really love it on grilled chicken.

Thank you, cmiller!

Absolutely, turmeric is really good for you. This morning a made a turmeric smoothie; adding cinnamon, honey and nutmeg. It was actually delicious than I was expecting lol. It's a very good cleansing too!

Reaction score
If you have already have cancer will including turmeric into your diet help?

Hi, Pat.

Well it's good to add turmeric in your died to help with illnesses or to prevent you from illnesses. But if you already have the cancer I don't know but anything is possible. I did read that turmeric helps prevent you from getting cancer. I was told that Moringa and Castro Oil actually destroys cancer. I had a neighbor who was dying from cancer.

He was on his bed in his home fighting this disease. Someone in his family decided to give him Moringa tea. With my own eye's I saw my neighbor one morning lawning his grass. I was shocked, believe me... He told me, Moringa cured his cancer and he never felt so good.

So if you do have cancer Pat, I'm very sorry to hear that. Try Moringa tea!

Reaction score
With all due respect - unless something has radically changed in the last 24 hours - introducing turmeric into your diet DOES NOT prevent people from getting cancer - as its just another one of those cruel media hypes that are produced by people who don't have all the facts and who then let their misleading articles be bandied around the internet - giving false hope to the gullible general public.

Particularly as there is as yet NO ACTUAL CONCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE to say whether or not any ONE SPECIFIC FOOD on its own has properties that will actually translate into anticancer benefits.

As up to now all reliable research has shown - that as yet there is NO ONE SPECIFIC FOOD food or substance that will either cause, treat or prevent cancer from occurring - as cancer is normally triggered by genetics, environmental or lifestyle issues.
The best and only way effective way of trying to protect ourselves from this terrible illness - is to make sure that we lead a healthy lifestyle - by getting plenty of regular exercise and following a nutrient rich healthy balanced diet - which should include 5 or more servings of fruit and vegetables a day along a variety of other foods

Reaction score
With all due respect - unless something has radically changed in the last 24 hours - introducing turmeric into your diet DOES NOT prevent people from getting cancer - as its just another one of those cruel media hypes that are produced by people who don't have all the facts and who then let their misleading articles be bandied around the internet - giving false hope to the gullible general public.

Particularly as there is as yet NO ACTUAL CONCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE to say whether or not any ONE SPECIFIC FOOD on its own has properties that will actually translate into anticancer benefits.

As up to now all reliable research has shown - that as yet there is NO ONE SPECIFIC FOOD food or substance that will either cause, treat or prevent cancer from occurring - as cancer is normally triggered by genetics, environmental or lifestyle issues.
The best and only way effective way of trying to protect ourselves from this terrible illness - is to make sure that we lead a healthy lifestyle - by getting plenty of regular exercise and following a nutrient rich healthy balanced diet - which should include 5 or more servings of fruit and vegetables a day along a variety of other foods

Every one of us is living with cancer cells inside us. Cancer can be triggered by many things like stress, and especially the foods we eat. Personally, I do believe there's natural bush out there that can cure or prevent you from getting cancer. Simple things like fruits, herbs, natural bush, and vegetables in our diets. I did read on Google that turmeric is one of the worlds most powerful herbs.

It stated that scientists did a research about turmeric, and found evidence that it can help you from getting cancer. Turmeric helped my cousin with colon cancer and he no longer has it anymore. Moringa helped cured my neighbors cancer and he was dying. His daughter heard about Moringa, and give him the tea every morning to drink. He's still alive today and cancer free.

My great grandmother in Antigua has been drinking herbal teas all her life and has no type of illnesses. She's 100 yrs right now and still runs her store. She's very active in her garden also. I believe in my herbs and I will continue using them in my foods or as a tea.

So if Moringa can cure someone's cancer, what makes you think turmeric can't prevent from getting cancer or cure you from it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I heard of this herb before, but I haven't tried to grow it.
To be honest, I don't believe that it can cure cancer. But I think that living a healthy lifestyle, working out, maintaining a well-balanced diet and adding herbs to our food makes us stronger and immune to many diseases.

Reaction score
Here is a turmeric recipe I love

Turmeric Chicken and Broccolli Stir Fry

INGREDIENTS
1 Pound Chicken
1 Large Head Broccoli
1 Onion
5 Cloves Garlic
2 Inches Ginger
1 Heaping Tablespoon Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Chile Powder
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Lemon
DIRECTIONS
  • Slice the onions into strips. Slice the chicken also into strips. Cut the broccoli into bite size chunks
  • Mince the garlic and ginger together into one chunky paste.
  • Saute the onions in the butter until softened. 5 minutes.
  • Add the Ginger and Garlic Paste. Cook 1 minute
  • Add the Spices. Cook 1 minute
  • Add the chicken and broccoli and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the broccoli has reached your desired texture. Add the juice from the lemon and mix.
  • Serve over rice.

Reaction score
I heard of this herb before, but I haven't tried to grow it.
To be honest, I don't believe that it can cure cancer. But I think that living a healthy lifestyle, working out, maintaining a well-balanced diet and adding herbs to our food makes us stronger and immune to many diseases.

Hi, Claudine.

We do need to live a healthier life style and watch the types of foods we eat. People need to understand, that every diseases out there was created by man (scientists). There's a cure for everything and the government is not going to tell us. Even these pharmaceutical companies are privately own and most obey by the higher order. My point is there's always been a cure for everything that was created by man.

We need to wake up and see what's going on in this cruel world we're living in. Diseases was created by man to kill out the human race.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is a turmeric recipe I love

Turmeric Chicken and Broccolli Stir Fry

INGREDIENTS
1 Pound Chicken
1 Large Head Broccoli
1 Onion
5 Cloves Garlic
2 Inches Ginger
1 Heaping Tablespoon Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Chile Powder
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Lemon
DIRECTIONS
  • Slice the onions into strips. Slice the chicken also into strips. Cut the broccoli into bite size chunks
  • Mince the garlic and ginger together into one chunky paste.
  • Saute the onions in the butter until softened. 5 minutes.
  • Add the Ginger and Garlic Paste. Cook 1 minute
  • Add the Spices. Cook 1 minute
  • Add the chicken and broccoli and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the broccoli has reached your desired texture. Add the juice from the lemon and mix.
  • Serve over rice.

Thank you, eveylnmcgregor!

Wow, that recipe songs good. I'm going share this recipe with my sister. She will definitely love this. For me, I know longer eat chicken but I will substitute the chicken with fish instead. I love me some broccoli!!!

Reaction score
Having read through your responses NaturalBeauty - I have say and with all due respect - that as you believe so strongly that only natural remedies will work - that however much scientific evidence I put forward in regard to turmeric not being a proven anticancer agent - it won't make any difference.

Although I too am a great believer in using natural remedies as much as possible and strongly believe that living a healthy lifestyle goes a long towards preventing a lot of illness - I do know that sometimes it is necessary to go one step further and seek conventional medical treatment.

I would however just add that - just because something is on Google - it doesn't necessarily mean that it is true and especially in the case of turmeric being able to prevent cancer - as I stated before there is as yet NO KNOWN CURE for cancer and there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that any ONE SPECIFIC FOOD on its own has properties that will actually translate into an anticancer benefit to either treat, cure or prevent it from occurring.

Particularly as although turmeric has been known for many years to have medicinal benefits - it is only recently that research and human studies into both curcumin and turmeric for cancer prevention and treatment has begun and is therefore still in the very early stages of development and as so far scientific studies have found that it does not absorb well from the intestine and that big doses must be taken for even small amounts to get into the blood circulation - there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that it either prevents, cures or will be an aid to treatment for cancer - as further research as well as human studies are needed in order to ascertain what role, if any, turmeric and curcumin may play in the prevention or treatment of cancer.

So really all I'm saying is that although taking turmeric may well alleviate some of the symptoms that some cancer patients are experiencing - as the majority of people with this devastating disease will try anything and I mean anything to try and rid themselves of it - I feel it a bit unfair and misleading to say that turmeric or anything for that matter will prevent or cure cancer when it hasn't been proven to do so - as it gives them false hope.:)

Reaction score
Having read through your responses NaturalBeauty - I have say and with all due respect - that as you believe so strongly that only natural remedies will work - that however much scientific evidence I put forward in regard to turmeric not being a proven anticancer agent - it won't make any difference.

Although I too am a great believer in using natural remedies as much as possible and strongly believe that living a healthy lifestyle goes a long towards preventing a lot of illness - I do know that sometimes it is necessary to go one step further and seek conventional medical treatment.

I would however just add that - just because something is on Google - it doesn't necessarily mean that it is true and especially in the case of turmeric being able to prevent cancer - as I stated before there is as yet NO KNOWN CURE for cancer and there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that any ONE SPECIFIC FOOD on its own has properties that will actually translate into an anticancer benefit to either treat, cure or prevent it from occurring.

Particularly as although turmeric has been known for many years to have medicinal benefits - it is only recently that research and human studies into both curcumin and turmeric for cancer prevention and treatment has begun and is therefore still in the very early stages of development and as so far scientific studies have found that it does not absorb well from the intestine and that big doses must be taken for even small amounts to get into the blood circulation - there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that it either prevents, cures or will be an aid to treatment for cancer - as further research as well as human studies are needed in order to ascertain what role, if any, turmeric and curcumin may play in the prevention or treatment of cancer.

So really all I'm saying is that although taking turmeric may well alleviate some of the symptoms that some cancer patients are experiencing - as the majority of people with this devastating disease will try anything and I mean anything to try and rid themselves of it - I feel it a bit unfair and misleading to say that turmeric or anything for that matter will prevent or cure cancer when it hasn't been proven to do so - as it gives them false hope.:)

There is a cure out there for cancer, and it was stated. Have you been watching the news lately? Do you watch documentaries? Personally, I know turmeric has cured my cousins colon cancer. Recently, it was mentioned that they found a cure for Aids, which I've already knew there's a cure for this disease.

The cure has always been there, but they rather us to suffer and spend our money on prescription drugs. I will stick to my believes, it has a cure for cancer. It don't have to be a prescription drug only but something grown naturally. The cures are already there and is keeped away from us. Imagine if the government told us that one plant that can cure cancer, the whole world will go crazy for that plant.

What you think will happen to the pharmaceutical business?

Reaction score

Never said, it will cure cancer. I stated, I've read it can prevent you from getting cancer. But it did cure my cousins colon cancer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hi, Claudine.

We do need to live a healthier life style and watch the types of foods we eat. People need to understand, that every diseases out there was created by man (scientists). There's a cure for everything and the government is not going to tell us. Even these pharmaceutical companies are privately own and most obey by the higher order. My point is there's always been a cure for everything that was created by man.

We need to wake up and see what's going on in this cruel world we're living in. Diseases was created by man to kill out the human race.

I can't agree. I don't think that all diseases were created by man and I'm sure that some of them can't be cured, at least not yet. Fortunately, medicine is developing quickly. We keep inventing new drugs and tests. Call me a crazy optimist, but I believe in people. I believe that doctors and scientists want to help us. After all, they're humans too.

Ask a Question